Privacy and data storage
Storage and logging of data
By visiting this website, you have some technical data about your internet connection and browser. This data can be categorized as follows:
- Information capsules (“cookies”) in your browser
- Technical info on servers
- User information and databases
An information creation is a mechanism by which your browser can store information it receives from websites, in order to send these back to the websites again later. This is done automatically without the user having to think about it.
The information boxes can have several functions, for example, keeping track of settings, which user you are logged in as, what you have access to, help to ensure that you are sent the right content, tracking ad impressions and others.
Information cookies make it possible to keep track of such settings and other things over time, so that information is more easily accessible on repeated visits to the site. Informational information is also used to temporarily manage user-specific information when visiting different parts of the same website.
Examples of the website’s many functions use information tools for maintenance: One information creation is used to remember volume settings on video players, and another is used to remember whether you have ticked this information box so you don’t have to see it again the next time you visit this site from the same browser you are using now.
Information cookies are automatically stored by your browser as small text files on your computer. You can change the settings for how information creations are to be handled in your browser.
Information companies can be provided by all types of content on the website, both text pages, images and others. The information lockers only post back to the site you got them from, not to other sites.
Many sites included will not function properly if you do not allow the use of information creators.
This site’s store information creator to handle three levels of functionality:
- Critical information is used to keep track of user information, access, any personal settings, and more. Without these, the site will not function as it should.
- Analytics cookies are used to keep track of website traffic, which parts of it are most popular, which parts are used the most, and more. Parts of this additional information provided by external service providers. Information generators for analytical functions are used to improve the website (which is still under development), but these are not critical to the functionality of the website.
- Advertising cookies are used by internal and third-party advertising systems to track and track ad impressions.
It is a legal requirement that this information be made available to you as a user of websites that use information companies.
When you visit a website, the web server will log some technical info such as your IP address, which browser you use and the time of each time you request data from the server, i.e. when you click on an internal link and load a new website or associated data such as fonts , images, various scripts required for the website to function.
This data is only saved for a certain period of time to be able to carry out troubleshooting and error correction in systems, and is never shared with the newspaper’s employees or third parties.
We store some information about you as a user. On this site there is no sensitive information, but simple contact information that you provide when you create a user account or buyer services in the online newspaper will store in our databases. This is necessary in order to provide the services to you. This data is deleted when you delete your user account.
Who do we store data about?
If you visit this website without registering a user account or subscription, the following data about you is stored:
- No technical information such as IP address and browser is stored in the web server’s logs. This technical information is reserved for 180 days and is necessary for the service to function and to ensure security. This data is never disclosed to either the newspaper’s employees or third parties.
- Google Analytics counts page views to use visitor statistics. This information is anonymized and cannot be used for tracking.
- Single information services such as downloaded fonts and script can log on IP address and other on external servers.
- An information system sets to identify you as users of surfers on the website. This is deleted when you close your browser, or at the latest after 360 minutes of inactivity.
Logged in users and subscribers:
If you choose to create a user account and/or subscription to the online newspaper, the following information will also be stored about you:
- Name, address and other contact information you provide yourself in the registration procedure. This data is stored until you delete your user account.
- Information about your subscription, e.g. when it was purchased, how it was paid for, a few digits from your credit card, the duration of the subscription and which subscription you have. This data is stored until the user account is deleted.
- Simple data about which articles you have read and how much of the articles you read. This is used to improve our content and is deleted if you delete your user account.
NB: After data has been deleted, it can still be saved for up to 180 days in backup. Backups are stored with high security and limited access, and are necessary to carry out troubleshooting and ensure the security of users and data systems.
General terms and conditions
The following general conditions apply if you have created a user account and/or subscription:
Conditions for use of groruddalen.no – Akers Avis Groruddalen
1. Comments and posts will not be edited, but we will delete the comments/posts that break our rules as soon as is practically possible. In case of any violations of the regulations, your user profile may be blocked or deleted. Akers Avis Groruddalen reserves the right to disable discussion forums/comments at any time and without warning. Akers Avis Groruddalen also reserves the right to disable and delete user profiles with incomplete or false information.
2. Those who post posts/comments undertake to comply with Norwegian laws and regulations.
3. It is not permitted to publish the same content several times. Spamming is not allowed.
4. Show respect for people’s uniqueness, identity, gender, privacy, sexual orientation and outlook/religion.
5. It is not allowed to insert articles that have been published in other media without permission from the author.
6. Posts/comments can be removed without notice or justification from Akers Avis Groruddalen. We are also under no obligation to comment/reply to posts.
7. Entries/comments are displayed with full name. You must therefore enter a valid e-mail address. and name when registering your user profile.
8. It is not permitted to publish posts/comments that contain advertising without permission from us.
9. Akers Avis Groruddalen reserves the right to end any discussion/comment that is repeatedly taken with the same theme.
Show consideration so that we can have a lively, good and factual debate.
As a user of this website, you can contact the newspaper to have your data handed over and/or deleted.
If you have a user account/subscription, you can log into your user profile and download your stored data, as well as delete your user account and associated data at any time.
You can also delete all local data in your browser. The procedure for these differs between different browsers and devices.
Recommendation: By using the EU service YourOnlineChoices.com, you can control to some extent how different advertising suppliers track you, as well as read many good tips on how you can customize the ads that are displayed. Open YourOnlineChoices.com in a new window.
NB: Some system-critical data such as e.g. found in a web server’s logs will not be able to be deleted on request, but these are automatically deleted after a short time in the information above.
If you press DECLINE, no information cookies will be stored in your browser and no data about you will be logged in our databases. It also means we can’t know if you’ve approved or not, so you’ll see this warning on every page you visit. Technical information (web server logs) will still store your IP address and browser information, but these will still be deleted as described above.