– Marked level difference / Bodø/Glimt
On Thursday, Glimt plays against its fourth opponent so far this season. Viborg FF from Denmark awaits in the opposite half of the pitch. As one of three Danes in the club, Adam Sørensen stood up for an interview with glimt.no before Thursday’s match against Viborg FF from Denmark.
You can watch the match on direct sport
The All Yellows have now spent 18 days at La Finca, where the squad has trained daily and so far wasted for matches. 1-0 win against Viking and 0-0 against Kalmar is the status after half of the matches.
A tired but satisfied Sørensen says that it takes time to train with Glimt, but in a good way.
– The intensity and level is significantly higher than what I was used to in Lyngby, it’s going well, I think it’s good to be up and running.
The Danish left-back, Adam Sørensen, signed a five-year contract with the All Yellows earlier this year. The left-back comes from the Danish Superliga club Lyngby, where he has played over 70 games since 2018.
– I have been received really well by both the support apparatus and the players. It’s a super good squad, and they’ve been really nice with a lot and included me in the community, I really appreciate that.
Danish Superliga opponent
Fotballklubben Viborg FF is in other places in the Danish super league. Viborg is one of the oldest cities in Jutland in Denmark, the city has just under 40,000 inhabitants. The club has recently signed a former teammate from Lyngby.
– It is a stable team that has done well for the last six months. With Lyngby, I have played against them twice and in both games we have had big problems. It is a compact team with a good team, but I am confident of victory tomorrow.
I know several of the players at Viborg, they have also signed a former teammate from Lyngby, it will be nice to greet them, says Sørensen.
– Marked level difference
Norway is ranked number 43 in the FIFA ranking, while Denmark finds a whopping 25 higher positions on the ranking list. This may just give an indication since club football is not measured in the same way. Just as Sørensen believes that there is a marked difference in level from the super league club he came from:
– The level difference is significant. It goes very quickly and the intensity is much higher here in Glimt than what I am used to. The body is a little worn, but the head is there and I am ready to adjust my level.
For glimt.no, Sørensen tips 2-0 for Glimt. We thank you for the tip and look forward to tomorrow’s match against the Danish boys from Viborg. Then we will rather whisper to Sørensen that we are not so concerned with this with results in Glimt, really, on a later occasion.
Watch the full interview with her: