The world is finally opening up fully again after the pandemic, which also allows the royals to travel outside their own borders.
These days, therefore, the Duchess of Great Britain Kate (40) has been in Denmark, for a short, but intense, stay.
This is something that has not happened in ten years, according to Danish BT.
– Huge attention
For the occasion, the Duchess travels alone, without her husband Prince William (39) by his side. This is the first time she is on a solo trip since 2017. The last time she was in Denmark was in 2011.
– The last time Duchess Kate was in Denmark, she was relatively new to her royal role, it was actually the same year she gave herself. At the time, Prince William was by her side, and she was probably far more insecure in her role back then. Well, she has ten years of experience, and is confident and driven in her profession, says See and Hear royal house expert, Caroline Vagle, and continues:
– Last time the band was the huge attention around the visit of the newlyweds. Everyone wanted a piece of the new Duchess. Even I from Norway was sent to cover the visit!
On the trip, the 40-year-old has, among other things, fronted work for the Copenhagen Infant Mental Health Project, according to People. The organization aims to promote mental well-being and relationships between infants and their parents.
– Has taken people by storm
Fortunately, there has also been room to squeeze in some fun inventions among all the serious jobings – including a little ride on one of LEGO’s slides, in high heels.
She has also spent quality time with Danish Queen Margrethe (81) and Crown Princess Mary (50), whom she has not visited in a good ten years.
– Kate and Danish Crown Princess Mary are often compared to each other, and in the recent photos you can see why. They are like both in appearance and style and they are both hard working and committed.
Vagle goes on to say that the Duchess is a popular lady who often takes people by storm.
– Ten years later, she is still popular, and it is impressive how she has taken people both at home and abroad. In Denmark, she charms in familiar style with style and smile, and already notices designers behind it are wearing the so-called «Kate effect».
ALSO READ: Princess Estelle turns ten years old