In Brussels, a young woman was knocked unconscious by CO intoxication on Thursday evening. The woman was directed to hospital but did not emerge in a life-threatening condition. Also on Friday evening a young woman intoxicated by CO intoxication, but her brain is also not in mortal danger. This is reported by the Brussels fire brigade.
The fire brigade first paid attention, around 6.20 pm, to a young woman who had taken a shower in her flat in Bogaardenstraat but had lost consciousness. Emergency services deployed on site huge data to a CO intoxication. It was caused by a malfunctioning water heater in the bathroom. That bathroom was small and the combustion gases were not going properly. The fire brigade also identified a problem with the gas convectors in the house, where there was also poor evacuation of the combustion gases. The gas supply was also cut off.
At around 23.30 hours, the fire brigade had to turn out to Wielemans Ceuppenslaan in Vorst, because there too a young woman had lost consciousness after a bad accident. Here, too, it was quickly clear that it was a case of CO intoxication, caused by the water heater. The combustion gases were never evacuated, there was no fresh air supply and no ventilation. It was directed to the hospital.
The fire service spokesperson once again repeats the measures to prevent CO intoxication: “. Have an approved appliance installed by an authorized technician, who also carries out the mandatory checks and regular maintenance. The discharge of the combustion gases must also be carried out in accordance with and checked. Also pay attention to the CO warnings from the RMI.”
If your child, whoever’s partner is in the bath, it doesn’t hurt to talk every now and then. If you don’t get an answer, go take a look.