The court decided: it is mandatory to issue the contracts for the Budapest-Belgrade railway line
Hvg.hu’s previous request for data in the public interest was rejected, citing the decision of Péter Szijjártó. The paper won a lawsuit in the second instance with the help of lawyer Transparency International Hungary and Dániel Karsai.
The contracts concluded by the project owner of the railway line, China-Hungarian Railway Nonprofit Ltd., for more than HUF 5 million, as well as the indication of the subcontractors, indicating what percentage of the project is responsible and what value they receive from the value of the procurement public interest data request a hvg.huand then, as this information was not received, a lawsuit was filed.
This was overturned in the first instance, but in the second instance, the court finally decided to award the contracts, the newspaper said.
Although those manufactured for the Budapest-Belgrade railway project have introduced a rule according to which the Minister of Foreign Affairs may refuse to request data, the Minister may do so only with justification if they “endanger the unauthorized enforcement of Hungary’s foreign policy and foreign economic interests without external influence”. .
According to the article, however, the court received only one letter stating that Péter Szijjártó had decided not to release the data. Why, they didn’t show up. Later, an answer to the question of reasons was sent to the court
“Found it so common that Hungarian subcontractors could not deduce the extent to which the disclosure of their percentage responsibility for the total and also the data of their percentage data poses a perceived danger”
– state the reasons for the judgment.
The cornerstone of the Budapest-Belgrade railway was laid in October this year. Its total cost is estimated at HUF 750 billion. The money is covered by an 85 percent Chinese loan, with the remaining 15 percent deductible. The contractors were selected in 2019, the public procurement was won by China Railway Electrification Engineering Group Kft. And China Tiejiuju Engineering & Construction Kft., Representing the Chinese railway company, and RM International Zrt. the Parliament – describes hvg.hu.
According to the court, the loan agreement for the Budapest-Belgrade railway must be issued