Toulouse: a car park and its lawns watered in the middle of the night? Tisséo responds and reassures
By Maxence Dourlen
At a time when significant restrictions are imposed on the use of water throughout the territory and in Upper Garonne due to droughtthe slightest difference is scrutinized. This is particularly the case at Toulouse where Thomas Karmann, EELV municipal councilor in Cugnaux, found himself “spectator” of a somewhat “surprising” watering last night. The chosen one did not fail to make it known on social networks.
The lawns of the Oncopole car park watered
Shortly after midnight, at the time of the last passage of the cable car, the imposing Tisséo car park of the Oncopole and its very green lawns were abundantly watered, in the midst of a drought.
Surprised to see this, the city councilor asked for an explanation from the Toulouse public transport network. “We expect exemplary behavior from Tisseo on these subjects,” he wrote in particular.
As a reminder, the Haute-Garonne department is placed on heightened alert and the massive watering of lawns and flower beds is strictly forbidden since Tuesday, August 9. This Thursday, August 18, 2022, in the morning, Tisséo wanted to provide details regarding this nocturnal watering.
” A dysfunction “
To justify this act, the public transport network specifies: “we contacted our service provider responsible for the maintenance of this car park. A malfunction now resolved. »
In this delicate period and despite the recent rains, Tisséo wants to be reassuring about its “commitment to eco-responsible actions, especially in this period of vigilance”.
A few reminders regarding the use of drinking water
The prefecture of Haute-Garonne has placed all the communes of the department in heightened alert (except the municipality of Saliès-du-Salat which is placed in a state of crisis) since August 9. Here are the prohibitions that users must respect:
• The washing of vehicles outside professional stations, except for vehicles with a regulatory obligation.
• Filling of private swimming pools. The private pools day upgrade. The emptying of public swimming pools is subject to authorisation.
• Watering lawns, public and private green spaces, pleasure gardens, sports fields. Watering the vegetable gardens from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Open-circuit public fountains must be closed, except those delivering drinking water.
• Washing of roads.
• Industrial and commercial activities must limit their water consumption to what is strictly necessary.
• The withdrawal of water for the purpose of filling or maintaining the level of recreational water bodies for personal use.
• The emptying of bodies of water of any kind into watercourses.
• Increased monitoring of discharges from treatment plants is prescribed.
“We need to be extremely vigilant about our water consumption, whatever its use (domestic, industrial, agricultural)”, specifies the prefect Étienne Guyot.
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow Actu Toulouse in the My Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.