Hanover. Great sadness in Hanover Zoo. Long cap Fluffy im Hanover Zoo lived. But now he is dead. Particularly sad: it was the last of his art to be held in Hanover.
Now keepers and visitors mourn in the Hanover Zoo.
Hannover Zoo: Saying goodbye to Fluffy is difficult
The timber wolf Fluffy was born in the zoo 15 years ago and has been living in the Lower Saxony state capital ever since. In 2010 he was allowed to move into a new enclosure with his brothers, the so-called Yukon Bay.
After his brothers had already died in recent years, he was the last timber wolf at Hannover Zoo. But now Fluffy also had to be put down on Thursday morning.
More from Lower Saxony:
“Fluffy had not recovered from a severe seizure that night,” the zoo’s website said. His keepers knew that the day would come when they would have to say goodbye to the 15-year-old animal. And yet he is already missing, according to one of his keepers.
This is the city of Hanover:
- State capital of Lower Saxony
- was first mentioned in 1150 and received city rights in 1241
- is around 204 square kilometers in size and has 536,925 inhabitants (as of 2019)
- Sights: Hannover Adventure Zoo, the Maschsee, the Herrenhausen Gardens
- one of the leading trade fair cities in Europe
- Mayor is Belit Onay (Greens)
Wolf fans should also continue to get their money’s worth. In the long term, a pack of wolves should move into the Wolf Canyon in Yukon Bay, according to the zoo. (Red)