Half of corona patients put on other causes – NRK Norway – Overview of news from different parts of the country
This article is over a month old and may contain outdated advice from the Authority regarding coronary heart disease.
Stay up to date in NRK’s overview, or through FHI’s websites.
It comes out in the weekly report from the National Institute of Public Health (NIPH).
– The number of posts for covid-19 (main cause) continues to decline, probably because the omicron variant causes less serious diseases and more are well protected through vaccination, FHI writes in the report.
218 patients with covid-19 were admitted to Norwegian hospital in week 2. 106 of them had another main reason for the admission in covid-19.
– It is because we have a high infection pressure in society. If you come to the hospital for another year, you may have covid-19 in addition, says department director Line Vold in FHI to NRK.
In the last 24 hours, 15,367 new cases of infection were registered.
On Wednesday, 240 corona-infected patients were hospitalized in Norway. It is an increase in patients from the day before. These are patients who have covid-19 as the main cause.
Near halving on the intensive care unit
The corona patient makes up 2.5 percent of all hospitalized in Norway. There has also been a near halving of new inpatients with covid-19 in the intensive care units.
– The risk of a serious course due to chronic infection is significantly lower than with delta. We also see this in the postings, which have not skyrocketed, in the same way as the infection rates, Vold continues.
A total of 18 new corona patients were admitted to the intensive care unit in week 2. This is a decrease of 42 percent from week 1.
Ten omikron deaths in Norway
Very few of those admitted to the intensive care unit have omicrons.
– They do so to a small degree so far, so this is something we follow. There are also signals internationally that there may be a reduced risk of the need for intensive care, if you have been admitted first. This fits in with the image that omicron causes less serious illness than delta, says Vold.
So far, 10 coronal deaths with omicron have been registered in Norway, according to Vold.
Subvariant shoots fart
A more contagious sub-variant of omicron named BA. 2 is in full swing in Norway, reports the National Institute of Public Health (NIPH) in its weekly report. The variant increases correspondingly in Sweden and Denmark.
– It may look like it has a greater dispersal ability than the first variant of omikron that came. The variant has been discovered in several other countries as sequences and follows variants, says Vold.
The number of detected cases of BA. 2 increased from 7 detections per. January 4 to 611 detections January 19. The variant has primarily been detected in the Oslo area.