Sports, Football | Katrine from Narvik ended up as a professional in Denmark and gets her home paid for: – Does not get rich
The road from Narvik to Copenhagen via Oslo has been short for Narvik’s only female football professional abroad.
– I live in the middle of Copenhagen and thrive, says Katrine Winnem Jørgensen.
She is on Christmas and New Year holidays in Narvik. She lives with her brother and has to visit her parents in Oslo in the new year before the road goes back to Copenhagen.
In the middle of the big city, in Vesterbro just a stone’s throw from the famous amusement park, the 24-year-old lives out of professional life. In the big club Brøndby. The apartment is the club that pays.
Lives on football
– I live off football, yes, but do not get rich, says the lady who has played for a quick place at one of the most famous clubs in Denmark.
– I am a deep midfielder and am in front of the defense. There have also been some scores, she says.
Brøndby is currently behind Køge and Fortuna Hjørring. It is the hope that the Katrine club can do something about it when the series break is over.
– We lost many players last summer and are building up a bit again, she points out.
Katrine thrives in the club. And the city that has most of the offers and experiences when the world looks normal.
– I have had visits from friends and we have been to the amusement park, she confirms.
But it has been a while since life in Denmark has been normal.
Korona has influenced the everyday life of the professional player from Narvik.
– We have been for a period of a few months that has been tested four times a week. I have probably been corona tested at least 300 times. All the tests have been negative, she is happy.
Katrine Winnem Jørgensen has not yet made her debut on the A national team for Norway. That day will come.
– I do not thank if I get the chance, she is clear.
Whether the national team management follows how Winnem Jørgensen does in the club team, she does not know. The 24-year-old has a contract with the club until the summer. Then 1.5 years have passed. What happens after the summer of 2022, Katrine can not say anything about today.
– I know the club wants me to continue. We have to see how the team does until this summer.
Winnem Jørgensen does not exclude one or the other. Her agent is Swedish.
– I want to continue as a professional, she is ready.
The meeting with one of the world’s best clubs in the Champions League for women, Lyon, has given more flavor.
– They were good. There was a lot of running, she recalls from the matches where Brøndby gave the French champion team solid resistance despite losing.