The fine can be paid in this way at 13:00 on the next working day after its imposition.
Dopravní podnik hl. m of Prague (DPP) introduced a new option to pay a surcharge to the fare, in other words a fine for using public transport without a ticket. Newly found black passengers can pay for it online via the DPP e-shop.
The fine can be paid in this way at 13:00 on the next working day after its imposition. The new DPP justifies “improving and simplifying” payments. However, payment of the fine online requires login (registration) to the e-shop.
In 2019, DPP inspectors checked 6.8 million passengers and imposed more than 247,000 fines, which was set at 5.6 percent more. From 2019, the fine can also be paid by card during the inspection.
The fine for driving illegally in Prague is 1500 crowns. If you pay it for a fine on the spot or within 15 days at the additional cash desk of the Prague transport company, it will be reduced to 800 crowns.
How to pay a fine online? (Source: DPP)
– Log in to DPP e-shop.
– Select the Fines option in the menu.
– Finally, fill in the number from the Record of Transport Inspection (ZOPPK) and click on Search.
– If you had purchased a valid coupon at the time of the transport inspection (you only forgot it), or if you purchased an annual full coupon as part of the Penalty action within half of 5 working days, click on the Verify coupon option. The system automatically evaluates the ownership of the coupon and the amount of the fare surcharge. *
– If you do not have a purchase coupon, go to the Payment section to use the Pay button. The amount of the fine for timely payment (within 15 days) will be reduced automatically when selecting the type of payment.
– Payment can be made by payment cards, payment buttons of ČSOB or Poštovní spořitelna and via Servis24 České spořitelny.
* valid only for coupons purchased through the DPP e-shop or pidlitacka.cz