THE BALL – «Portugal champion? Everything is possible!” (Portugal)
Francisco Chaló, coach of Algerian side Paradou FC, has no doubts that in this World Cup anything can happen, including Portugal being champion. He praises the spirit within the national team and considers Brazil the strongest candidate for the title.
– How to evaluate Portugal’s participation in the 2022 World Cup?
– The national team has won games and has been growing in performance, both individually and collectively. We are competitively aware, responding positively to less good moments. There is spirit!
– How to evaluate the Selection from 0 to 20?
– Main or main figures of Portugal?
– Bruno Fernandes, for his dynamics, Cristiano Ronaldo, for his collective sense of flavor, William Carvalho, for his sobriety and positional sense, and Diogo Costa, for his performance against Uruguay.
– Is Portugal a candidate for the title?
– At this point, he is in a better position and with more and celebrated options than in the European Championship he won. Having the effectiveness of the game, at different times, with the happiness that all champions have… anything is possible…
– Who is the strongest contender for the world title?
– How will the game against South Korea go?
– The game must have the sense of responsibility that is required with the possibility of being first and, consequently, avoiding, more than likely, Brazil.
– Which eleven would you choose for this challenge?
– In the current context, regulatory information, in addition to the multiple existing quality options, would risk the following 11: Diogo Costa, Diogo Dalot, Rúben Dias, Antonio Silva, Rafael Guerreiro, Palhinha, Mateus Nunes, Vitinha, João Mário, Cristiano Ronaldo and Richard Horta.
– You are coaching an Algerian team… how is the World Cup going in Algeria?
– The interest is very moderate… the Algerians were very resentful for not qualifying for the World Cup.
– Is there still talk of Madjer?
– Yes… Madjer is eternal…