Movie theater. Where to watch outdoor movies in Toulouse and its surroundings in August?
By Sarah Gilot
You want to go to the cinema, but the current high heat in Upper Garonne are you discouraged? The solution may have just been found for you thanks at the outdoor cinema. In Toulouse and its surroundings, many structures offer it. Enough to watch or rewatch a film on display, enjoying the air, and sometimes even… feet in the grass.
1# The Cinematheque of Toulouse
This is the unmissable place that offers open-air cinemas every summer. For August, the Cinematheque is no exception to the rule with films broadcast from Wednesday to Sunday until Saturday August 27, 2022.
- “Gran Torino” with Clin Eastwood, Sunday, August 7 at 10 p.m.
- “La fille du 14 Juillet” with Vincent Macaigne, Wednesday August 10 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Take Shelter” with Jessica Chastain, Thursday, August 11 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Le grand bain” by Gilles Lellouche with Guillaume Canet, Friday August 12 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Mad Max: Fury Road” with Charlize Theron, Saturday 13 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Portrait of the young girl on fire” with Adèle Haenel, Sunday August 14 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Le Gouffre aux chimères” with Kirk Douglas, Wednesday August 17 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Under the Skin” with Scarlett Johansson, Thursday, August 18 at 9:30 p.m.
- “The Fifth Element” by Bruce Willis, Friday, August 19 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Cold Sweats” by Hitchcock, Saturday, August 20 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Holy Motors” with Eva Mendes, Sunday August 21 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Paterson” with Adam Driver, Wednesday, August 24 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Grave” by Julia Ducournau, Thursday August 25 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Parasite”, Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival, Friday August 26 at 9:30 p.m.
- And “Pretty Woman” with Julia Roberts, Saturday, August 27 at 9:30 p.m.
Toulouse Cinematheque. 69, rue du Taur.
Prices: count between 4 and 7 euros 50. Program and online sale on the website
2# Reynerie Lake – Toulouse
Reynerie Lake in Toulouse offers in its operation “a summer by the lake” several open-air cinema sessions to discover, here they are:
- “Tous en scène”, Thursday August 11 at 9:45 p.m.
- “Spirit”, Thursday, August 18 at 9:45 p.m.
- “The Lion King”, the film, Thursday, August 25 at 9:45 p.m.
The Reynerie lake is located at the Reynerie metro exit (line A). Registrations for its activities are necessary, they are possible at the reception points of the lake located on Place Abbal. Free admission.
3# Mirail University – Toulouse
The association Audio & Visual organize an outdoor projection session for this month of August. It will be up to “Dragon Ball Super: Broly”, Saturday, August 13 at 9 p.m.
It takes place in the Quartier Grand Mirail: Rue de l’Université. Free admission.
4# The flight of Pioneers – Toulouse
The Flight of the Pioneers, at Montaudran proposes two films to see in the open air around aviation. By retail :
- “Wings of Courage,” Wednesday, August 10 at 9:00 p.m.
- “Porco Rosso”, Wednesday August 17 at 9:00 p.m.
In Blagnacthe local citizens’ initiative committee is planning an open-air cinema session every Friday in August At nightfall. In the program :
- “Spider-Man Far From Home,” Friday, August 12, 2022.
- “A great team”, Friday August 19, 2022.
- “Asterix, mission Cleopatra”, Friday August 26, 2022.
The program “Cinema Under the Stars” returns for a new edition in 2022 in the second city of Haute-Garonne! Three films will close the summer season:
- “Fragile”, Tuesday August 9, 2022.
- “The Wolf and the Lion”, Tuesday August 16, 2022.
- And “Pil”, on Tuesday August 23, 2022.
The sessions will take place at 9 p.m. in the “summer village” of Colomiers. The screening locations change on each date: August 9 at Val d’Aran, August 16 at Cabirol park, and August 23 at Saint-Exupéry square in the city. Free admission.
Until August 30, the Véo cinema in Muret seizes the Pinsaguel Castle to offer movie nights under the stars. In the program :
- “One Piece” the film, with a manga guinguette, on Wednesday August 10 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Krypto and the Super Animals,” Friday, August 12 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” with a session by the “Just dance” collective, Saturday August 13 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Minions 2: Once Upon a Time Gru” Wednesday, August 17 at 9:30 p.m.
- “No”, Friday, August 19 at 9:30 p.m.
- “Top Gun: Maverick,” Wednesday, August 24 at 9:30 p.m.
- And the finale with “Dirty Dancing” and a closing evening with market, entertainment and surprises, on Tuesday August 30 at 9:30 p.m.
Outdoor cinema in the courtyard of the Château. Prices: 6 euros for adults, 4 euros for children under 14 years old.
8# Montesquieu Volvestre – Ramier Island
The municipality of Montesquieu-Volvestreclose to Ariège, organizes the 24th British Brief Encounter Film Festival. For this, it will offer 4 films to discover:
- “Limbo,” Friday, August 19 at 9:00 p.m.
- “Ali & Ava,” Saturday, August 20 at 9:00 p.m.
- “Belfast”, Saturday August 20 at 11:00 p.m.
- “Unfiltered (Triangle of sadness)”, Sunday, August 21 at 9:00 p.m.
Prices: 7 euros per film (reduced rate for students and the unemployed) / 12 euros two films / 25 euros five films. More info on the CinéFol 31 website.
9# Layrac sur Tarn
The small town in the north of Toulouse, Layrac-sur-Tarn, she offers an outdoor cinema session in August. This is “The Big Bath” which airs Wednesday, August 10 at 9:00 p.m.
Place des Érables, in Layrac-sur-Tarn. Free admission.
The city will screen the film outdoors on Thursday, August 25 ” Mystery “ at 8:40 p.m.
Esplanade de la Madeleine, in Auterive. Free admission.
The film “Antoinette in the Cevennes” with Laura Calamy will air at Nailloux Friday, August 19 at 8:50 p.m.
Church square in Nailloux. Free admission.
Place at the cinema ” Chocolate “ with Omar Sy, which will be seen on Friday August 12 at 9:00 p.m. Cazeres-sur-Garonne.
Garden of the Maison Garonne in Cazères-sur-Garonne. Free admission.
13# Villeneuve Tolosane
The municipality of Villeneuve Tolosane put on the screen in the open air the film for children: “The Extraordinary Journey of Samy”. It will be screened on Saturday, August 20 at 8:45 p.m.
Place du Fort in Villeneuve Tolosane. Free admission.
14 # La Magdelaine-Sur-Tarn
” On the Marsupilami’s trail » will be broadcast in the municipality of Magdelaine-Sur-Tarn . It is to be seen on Wednesday, August 24 at 8:40 p.m.
Remembrance Square in La Magdelaine-Sur-Tarn. Free admission.
The film “pile” by Julien Fournet will be broadcast at Leguevin next Friday, August 26 at 8:40 p.m.
Polyvalent Hall of Léguevin. Free admission.
For the last Friday of August, Fontenilles broadcast the film “Tiny – The Valley of the Lost Ants” August 26 at 8:40 p.m.
Cazalère park in Fontenilles. Free admission.
Finally, the animated film “My Neighbor Totoro” will close the open-air cinemas for the month of August. It will be broadcast at Fonsorbes Saturday, August 17 at 8:30 p.m.
Trépadé stadium in Fonsorbes. Free admission.
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow Actu Toulouse in the My Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.