On the BSE with the largest weekly decline is the property index BG REIT (-1.28%), followed by BGRX 40 (-0.05%) and with the smallest decrease is the Bulgarian measure of “blue chips” SOFIX (-0.03%), and the only one in the green zone is BGTR 30 (+ 0.11%)
Without a clear unified end on the stock markets in Western Europe, the United States and Bulgaria in the past working week (October 18-22). Trade is influenced by various factors of regional importance, but you also have one thing in common – inflationary pressures, which have become constant recently. All forecasts failed because the last final, announced to the user the only week, showed increased data on your prices to multi-year records.
In Bulgaria, inflation jumped to 4% according to Eurostat and to 4.8% according to the NSI, which is a 9-year peak, and in the United States and Western Europe (euro area) to the highest value since 2008, respectively to 5, 4% and up to 3.4%. Any subsequent deepening of inflation during the winter months, gain an increase in energy consumption. This confrontation of the company is facing huge risks, which is a combination of several factors – on the one hand it is very high cost of energy and labor, on the other hand payment of raw materials and disruption of supplies, win the pandemic, and this reflection on production prices. are also evolving.
The weekly balance sheet shows that three of the four BSE indices are at a loss and one at a profit. The biggest weekly decline is the property BG REIT (-1.28%), followed by the broad BGRX 40 (-0.05%) and the smallest decline is the Bulgarian index of “blue chips” SOFIX, taking into account the dynamics of trade with the 15 most liquid public companies on the BSE (-0.03%). The only one in the green zone ended the weighted BGTR 30 (+ 0.11%).
For Western Europe, the week ended in different ways, but with the money – as much as the losers, so are the winners of the main stock market measures. The highest growth was the pan-European STOXX 600 (+ 0.53%), followed by the Italian FTSE MIB (+ 0.27%) and the French SAS 40 (+ 0.12%). With the biggest decline in the red territory of the week of the Spanish benchmark IBEX 35 (-1.01%), followed by the British FTSE 100 (-0.43%) and the German DAX (-0.28%).
Perform five business days for the second week in a row with the upper class and the three major indexes in the United States, as this, as part of public companies, performed very well in the reporting season, when announcing their interim financial results for the third quarter. The largest weekly growth ended with the broad S&P 500 (+ 1.65%), followed by the technology Nasdaq (+ 1.29%) and the US index “blue chips” Dow Jones (+ 1.08%).
The stock market on the BSE
will start with another weekly turnaround. As we show, three of the four indices are at a loss and one profit, while the week before (11 – 15) the situation was the opposite in October – three of the indices were at a profit and only one loss. This is the highest growth of SOFIX reports (+ 0.53%), followed by BGBX 40 (+ 0.35%) and BG REIT (+ 0.14%), and the only loss was BGTR 30 (-0.15%).
Monthly balance sheet
Since the beginning of October, all four BSE indices with a loss: SOFIX (-1.81%), BGBX 40 (-1.79%), BGTR 30 (-1.33%) and BG REIT, which has the largest decrease (-2.34%) .
For September the balance sheet shows: three indices are on profit and only BG REIT ends with a decrease (-1.32%). The ninth month BGBX 40 (+ 5.54%) ended with the highest growth, followed by BGTR 30 (+ 4.57%) and SOFIX (+ 3.40%) with the lowest growth.
Since the state of emergency was declared on 13 March, and then the state of emergency epidemiological situation (extended until 30 November) due to the coronavirus pandemic, until 22 October 2021 SOFIX has a significant increase of 25.60%, and since the beginning of 2021 the increase has been even bigger, with 28.43% and a total turnover of BGN 104,093,010 of 15 public companies included in the Bulgarian benchmark.
Highlights of the week
The inclusion of the debutant “Infinity Capital” AD from the market for growth of small and medium enterprises (BEAM) among the most profitable and most profitable issues (see below) is due to the successful auction on October 18 for the first public offering of shares (IPO) from the increase of the capital of the company, to which 847,198 ordinary registered dematerialized shares have been subscribed and paid, each with a nominal value of BGN 1.00 and an issue value of BGN 1.60. the offered amount to BGN 1,355,516, after the capital offering of Infinity Capital AD it will be increased to BGN 1,454,883, distributed in 1,454,883 ordinary registered dematerialized shares, each with a nominal value of BGN 1.00 and an issue value. BGN 1.60. Four days later, on October 22, the date for admission to trading of the issue, transactions were realized with 12,790 shares of the company for BGN 21,709 at a slightly higher average price than the issue price. e which their price rose.
It should be noted that Toplofikacia Burgas is among the most circulating issues most likely to be registered with the publication of an interim financial report, which shows that the company has registered a net profit for the first half of the year of 3.24 million. BGN, in the direction of the same period of 2020 consolidated net profit is BGN 671 thousand. In addition, according to the company’s announcement to the BSE, the majority owner Bovard Ltd. has acquired another 990,099 new shares and already owns 83.50% of the capital or total 24,146,576 shares.
Slightly extraordinary shares of Stara Planina hold the main group of the biggest losers (see below), as the company announced a growth of 39.64% in sales for the nine months of 2021 and the highest profit compared to September 30, 2020 г.
The interest in the shares of Gradus AD (see the most profitable shares) is very likely due to the decision of the General Meeting of Shareholders to distribute a dividend, which can receive registered as a shareholder central register of securities until the 14th day after the day of the general meeting or until November 5, 2021, which means that the last data for concluding transactions with shares of the Stara Zagora company in order to receive a dividend is November 3.
Given that three of the four indices are the loss after the past working week
The BSE reported significantly lower turnover
compared to the previous one (October 11-15), as for the actual 1 330 transactions with 2 601 078 lots for BGN 8 441 764, aimed at 1 136 transactions with 4 311 399 lots for 15 550 837 BGN or 194 transactions more, 71 with 1 lot and BGN 7,109,073 less.
The significant difference is due to the fact that in the past working week more than BGN 1 million turnover was realized by only two companies, while in the previous amount there were 4, with over BGN 2 million each. In addition, a weekly turnover of over BGN 200,000 over the past five working days was created by 8 companies, targeting 11 in the previous week.
The weekly leader is Infinity Capital AD (INF1) with 186 transactions for BGN 1,377,226; in second place is Capital Concept Limited AD (CCL) with 2 transactions for BGN 1,003,392; Toplofikacia-Burgas AD (TPLB) with 2 transactions for BGN 999,998; Holding Varna AD (HVAR) with 11 transactions for BGN 836,360; Delta loan REIT – Sofia (DLC) with 5 transactions for BGN 349,111; CEZ Electro Bulgaria AD (CEZE) with 6 transactions for BGN 317,600; CEZ Distribution Bulgaria AD (CEZD) with 23 transactions for BGN 261,020; NDF Dynamic (DYN) with 4 deals for BGN 239,434.
It is noteworthy that the group of the most profitable issues for the second consecutive week includes only 2 companies: Toplofikatsiya-Burgas AD (TPLB) and Capital Concept Limited AD (CCL).
After three of the four indices ended in decline,
The losing shares are more than the winning ones
at a ratio of 50% for losers to 38% for winners and 12 percent without change. For other indicators, transactions also increased: at a loss of 42% for baking and 7 percent without change (loss), at a loss of turnover (34% for loss to 33% for loss and 33 percent without change) and for trading issues (38 % for the losers to 35% for the winners and 27% without change).
Dynamics of Bulgarian indices *
The weekly review (October 18-22) shows, as already mentioned, that three of the four indices are at a loss and one at a profit:
– SOFIX reported a minimal decrease of 0.03%, after the highest growth of 0.53% in the previous week. Exclude five business days with shares of the 15 most liquid companies included in SOFIX, realized deals with 311,278 lots for BGN 1,715,890, directed to BGN 1,284,652 a week earlier;
– for BGBX 40 the decrease is by 0.05%, after in the previous week with an increase of 0.35%. Exclude five business days with shares of the 40 companies included in the broad measure, with included deals with 455,008 lots for BGN 2,776,116, aimed at BGN 2,467,976 a week earlier;
– for BGTR 30, the only gain is 0.11%, after the only one in the previous week with a decrease of 0.15%. In the past week with the shares of the 30 companies, including the equally weighted measure, realized transactions with 364,390 lots for 2,278,557 roars, directed to BGN 4,633,472 a week earlier;
– the property BG REIT has the largest loss of 1.28%, after in the previous week it increased by 0.14%. Exclude five business days with shares of the 7 ADSICs included in the measure, with the main transactions with 63,927 shares for BGN 161,465, aimed at BGN 273,019 a week earlier.
Top 5 of the most profitable stocks
– Financial Assistants Management REIT (FAM) leads the group of the most profitable issues with an increase of 17.65% and a weekly turnover of BGN 130,042, with a last price of BGN 2,000 / share and a market capitalization of BGN 1,300,000;
– Infinity Capital AD (INF1) has an increase of 7.50% and a weekly turnover of BGN 1,377,226, at a last price of BGN 1,720 / share and a market capitalization of BGN 6,235,000;
– Biodit AD (BDT) has a profit of 6.58% and a weekly turnover of BGN 84,184, with a last price of BGN 1,620 / share and a market capitalization of BGN 22,389,344;
– Albena AD (ALB) has an increase of 6.45% and a weekly turnover of BGN 93,767, with a last price of BGN 33,000 / share and a market capitalization of BGN 141,013,158;
– Gradus AD (GR6) has an increase of 6.06% and a weekly turnover of BGN 25,476, at a last price of BGN 1,400 / share and a market capitalization of BGN 341,052,194.
Top 5 of the most losing stocks
– Stara Planina Hold AD (SPH) is at the top of the group of the most losing issues with a decrease of 6.86% and a weekly turnover of BGN 24,868, with a last price of BGN 9,500 / share and a market capitalization of BGN 199,500,000;
– Sin Kars Industry AD (SIN) has a decrease of 3.82% and a weekly turnover of BGN 33,880, with a last price of BGN 1,260 / share and a market capitalization of BGN 25,885,023;
– Eurohold Bulgaria AD (EUBG) has a loss of 3.74% and a weekly turnover of BGN 52,301, with a last price of BGN 2,060 / share and a market capitalization of BGN 536,630,000;
– CEZ Electro Bulgaria AD (CEZE) has a decrease of 3.33% and a weekly turnover of BGN 317,600, at a last price of BGN 29,000,000 / share and a market capitalization of BGN 145,000,000;
– The Bulgarian Stock Exchange AD (BSE) has a loss of 3.16% and a weekly turnover of BGN 113,972, after previously being among the most profitable issues for three average weeks. During excluding five working days, the last price of the shares on the BSE was BGN 9,200 / share and with a lower market capitalization up to BGN 60,562,312 from BGN 62,537,170 a week earlier.
* The sum of the turnover of the four indices is higher than the total weekly turnover of the BSE, because the same issues are included in two or more indices.
Sources: BSE bulletins and the statistical base of Infostock.bg.
The review is analytical in nature and is not a recommendation for transactions in shares and other instruments of the BFB and other stock exchanges around the world.