Traffic came to a standstill on Thursday afternoon in the city of Salzburg after a bomb drone. The police cordoned off the area around Max-Ott-Platz. The all-clear can now be given. After a house search in Salzburg-Lehen, a man was brought to the state neurological clinic.
In connection with the bomb threat in the city of Salzburg on Thursday afternoon, there was an admission to the state neurological clinic. Special forces from the “Cobra” unit searched a man’s apartment in Salzburg-Lehen. He had been to the bank as a customer that morning and had behaved conspicuously there. The members of the special unit checked the man and his apartment. “He is currently not listed as a suspect,” says police spokeswoman Irene Stauffer to the APA. “A connection with the threatening phone call has not yet been confirmed.” According to reports, the man should have had a different voice than the caller.
The background is a bomb threat on Thursday afternoon. “At 12.15 p.m. a call came in at the Bawag headquarters in Vienna,” said the Salzburg police. A “male, unknown voice” reported a suspicious item in the branch in Salzburg. Thereupon the staff and the customers staying in the bank were brought to safety.
The police immediately set up a large-scale roadblock around the Bawag branch on Max-Ott-Platz after a bomb threat was received this afternoon. Explosives experts searched the building with sniffer dogs. The closure of the roundabout in front of the bank building has resulted in traffic jams in parts of the city. All bus routes were quickly affected by delays. In the meantime, the Salzburg police can give the all-clear. No suspicious item was found when the rooms were searched.
Accessed on October 9th, 2021 at 11:07 am on https://www.sn.at/salzburg/chronik/entwarnung-und-hausdurchsendung-nach-bombendronung-in-der-stadt-salzburg-110551585