Strasbourg host Rennes at Stade de la Meinau in Ligue 1 on Saturday, as both clubs resume their league campaigns after the international break.
The hosts have struggled to kick off their campaign as they are the only side without a win in Ligue 1 so far. Nevertheless, after playing five draws, they sit in 18th place in the standings. Their three-game unbeaten streak ended last time out with a 2-1 defeat at Montpellier.
Rennes have had a relatively good start to the league and sit eighth in the standings with 12 points to their credit. They are currently on a four-game unbeaten streak, playing out a 1-1 draw against Marseille in their previous outing.
Strasbourg against Rennes Face-to-face and key figures
- The two teams have crossed paths 90 times in all competitions. The visitors have a 38-30 lead in wins while 22 games have ended in draws. Strasbourg recorded a 2-1 win when the two sides last met at the venue on Saturday in April.
- Strasbourg have one defeat in their home games this season while playing three draws. Rennes’ away form is identical to that of Strasbourg at home, with one defeat and three draws on their away trips this season.
- Strasbourg have drawn their last three home games in Ligue 1 while Rennes have failed to win their last seven away matches in the competition.
- Rennes have failed to win their last two games against the hosts on Saturday.
- Strasbourg have played five draws this season, the most of any Ligue 1 side. Rennes have drawn three this season, with only Nantes (4) and Strasbourg registering more draws.
- Three of Strasbourg’s four home games have produced under 2.5 goals while three of Rennes’ four away games have seen under 2.5 goals.
Strasbourg vs Rennes Prediction
Racing have had a slow start to their league campaign and their lack of goals should be their downfall here. They have scored just six goals so far and conceded nine.
The Red and Black have a respectable tally of 14 and also have a slightly better defensive record than the hosts, having conceded eight goals. They are winless in their travels and will likely settle for a draw here.
Prediction: Strasbourg 1-1 Rennes
Strasbourg against Rennes betting tips
Tip 1: Result – Draw
Tip 2: Goals – Over/Under 2.5 Goals – Under 2.5
Tip 3: At least one goal to score in the second half – Yes
Tip 4: Martin Terrier to mark or assist at any time – Yes