The President of Ukraine submitted to the Verkhovna Rada a bill on extending the period of martial law for 90 days and on extending general mobilization.
The Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed the last road through the Kakhovskaya HPP dam, which the occupiers could use to transport equipment and ammunition. The Ukrainian military repelled the assault and offensive of the enemy in 4 directions, the occupiers suffered losses and retreated chaotically. We will win!
We have collected for you information about the one hundred and seventieth day of the war by headings. Some facts were commented on by UKRINFORM.
TOR 5 QUOTE
- Ruslan Stefanchuk, Chairman of the VRU: “We all understand that Russian society is terminally ill, and the carriers of the “Russian measure” virus must be urgently sent to long-term isolation in the quarantine zone called “Russia”. And this will not only ensure the depth of everyone from the further spread of the Russian propaganda controversy, which sows enmity and discord, but will also give Russians a unique opportunity to rethink the philosophy of their views on life.”
- Denys Monastyrskyi, Minister of Internal Affairs: “Currently, we can absolutely responsibly state that there is no adequate control at the Zaporizhzhia NPP. Today, it is actually not just in the hands of the enemy, but also in the hands of uneducated specialists who can really allow a tragedy. All this is assessed as the highest level of threat.”
- Hanno Pevkur, Minister of Defense of Estonia: “We must not forget that the decision to support Ukraine also strengthens our own security today, deprives Russia of the opportunity to act unpredictably in our regions. Today has come a turning point in the war.”
- German Galushchenko, Minister of Energy: “Thankful to the member countries of the UN Security Council, to all those who supported Ukraine in its attempt to return the sovereign right to the ZNPP, that Russia’s next plan – this time regarding the legitimization of its troops at the Ukrainian nuclear plant – failed. Such a Russian display of contempt for common sense and a superior attitude towards the members of the UN Security Council will be a driver for faster decision-making regarding the EU, the IAEA and the UN on the ZNPP for its de-occupation and ensuring the world’s nuclear security.”
- Pavlo Klimkin, ex-minister of foreign affairs: “The discussion about banning the issuance of Schengen visas to Russian citizens is based on incorrect arguments. It’s not just about punishing to support aggression. It should be explained to Europeans that Russians in the EU are a threat. Those who blew up weapons warehouses in the Czech Republic or poisoned the Skripals also entered the EU on tourist visas, and now there will be dozens and several times more of them. Only in this way can it be explained once and, I hope, forever.”
General Staff: operational information at 18:00 on August 12, 2022.
- In the Slavic direction, the enemy tried to launch an offensive in the areas of Pasika – Bogorodichne and Tikhotske – Dolyna. He was repulsed and ran away.
- In the Kramatorsk direction, the enemy’s attempt to conduct reconnaissance by battle near Beilohorivka – Hryhorivka failed.
- In the direction of Bakhmut, the invaders tried to conduct reconnaissance near Spirny. The Ukrainian wars made a fiery impression and neutralized the enemy.
- The occupiers unsuccessfully tried to break through the defense of our units and advance in the direction of the settlements of Spirne, Ivano-Daryivka, Vyimka, Yakovlivka, Kodema, Vershina and Zaitseve. They suffered losses and left chaotically.
- In the direction Pokrovske – Bakhmut, the enemy had partial success and is trying to gain a foothold.
- In the Avdiyiv direction, all the enemy tried to storm in the areas of Spartak, Piski and Maryinka, our defenders suppressed and pushed back the occupiers to their previous positions.
- The occupiers were advancing in the Yehorivka-Pavlivka direction. The enemy is stopped and pushed back.
The movement of Russian equipment across the dam of the Kakhovskaya HPP is impossible – the Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed the last road through the dam, which could be used to transport equipment and ammunition – Serhii Khlan, deputy of the Kherson Council
The Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed the Russian ammunition depot near Novaya Kakhovka – OK “Pivden”
THE TRUTH ABOUT WAR
Since the beginning of the full-scale invasion, the enemies killed 361 children in Ukraine, 706 children were injured.
All critical infrastructure facilities of Okhtyr and Trostyanets districts of Sumy region have been fully restored after Russian shelling – O.P.
Ukraine returned the ages of 522 dead defenders who were on the list of missing persons – Oleg Kotenko, Commissioner for Missing Persons for special results
The Ministry of Internal Affairs is preparing for any scenarios related to the nuclear power plant, which has been captured and fired upon by the Russian military.
The situation as of 8:00 a.m. on August 12.
- In the Dnipropetrovsk region, in the Nikopol district, the Russians attacked with “Grad” and barrel artillery – 3 injured, a 12-year-old boy was among the wounded.
- At night, the Russians attacked the Slobidsky, Novobavarsky and Kyiv districts of Kharkiv. The Kharkiv National University of Internal Affairs was hit, without casualties. 3 victims escaped in the region.
- In Donetsk region, the Russians shelled Kramatorsk 11 times during the night, there were missile strikes on Kurakhovo. 7 dead and 14 wounded in the region per day.
the first year, for the first time in the history of Ukraine, Youth Day in Ukraine is celebrated on International Youth Day – August 12
The President of Ukraine introduced two draft laws to the Verkhovna Rada – on the extension of martial law and on the extension of general mobilization for 90 days.
A new consultative and advisory body – the Youth Council – is being created under the Ministry of Ukraine, with the involvement of active youth in the implementation of state policy in the field of foreign relations.
August 12 marks the 99th anniversary of the main stadium of Ukraine – the National Sports Complex “Olympiyskyi”.
“UKRINFORM”: How many passions and happy moments are forever connected with this gigantic structure. at the same time, football matches of the 1980 Olympic Games were held here, and in 2012 – 5 matches of Euro-2012, including the finals.
The government is developing a draft law on the functioning of the English language as an international communication.
Entrants to Ukrainian higher education institutions who received their education abroad must go through the procedure of recognition of a foreign document in Ukraine – MES
In Zaporizhzhia and the Zaporizhzhia district, education in schools will be in an online format. They will move to a mixed form as bomb shelters are prepared – OVA
For the medical institutions of Dnipro, Zaporizhzhia and Kremenchuk, five children’s ventilators were purchased at the expense of UNITED24 – Ministry of Health
On the morning of August 12, the fifth caravan with Ukrainian food left the Ukrainian ports of “Chornomorsk” and “Pivdenny” – this is more than 63 thousand tons of agricultural products – Ministry of Infrastructure
JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia” increased the volume of freight transportation by 24% from March to July 2022.
The State Property Fund plans to attract from 600 million to 1 billion UAH to the budget from privatization this year.
Currently, 20.8 million tons of grain of the new crop have already been collected in Ukraine – the Ministry of Agrarian Policy
In Transcarpathia, extracting technical and food salt from the Bushtinsky deposit can cover 100% of the country’s needs – Viktor Mykyta, head of Zakarpattia OVA
“UKRINFORM”: In April, due to constant enemy shelling, the “Artemsil” enterprise, which is located in the city of Soledar near Bakhmut in Donetsk region, stopped its work. During the year, the company produced 2 million tons of salt, which was exported to 15 countries around the world. Now there is an alternative…
The Turkish company Baykar has a name in Ukraine not just to build a factory for the production of Bayraktar TB2 attack drones, but also to develop and build in Ukraine Bayraktar Akıncı and Bayraktar Kizilelma – a new unmanned fighter – Haluk Bayraktar, CEO of Baykar.
The average amount of assistance for temporary disability according to the results of July amounted to UAH 438.54 – UAH 37.52 more than in January of this year – Government portal
THE WORLD: HELP, SANCTIONS
German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier is visiting Ukraine, the German side is working on his organization – Anka Feldhusen, the German Ambassador to Ukraine.
“UKRINFORM”: The name of the president of Germany in connection with the well-known “formula” is well remembered in Ukraine… In mid-April, Mr. Steinmeier intended to visit Kyiv, but, according to him, he received information from official Kyiv that such a visit was not desirable. However, already on May 5, in a telephone conversation with the President of Germany, the President of Ukraine asked him to visit Ukraine and he agreed. We look forward to the visit of a distinguished guest.
The international expert conference on the restoration and reconstruction of Ukraine, hosted by Germany, will be held on October 25 in Berlin.
The Netherlands joined the British program for training servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – Oleksiy Reznikov, Minister of Defense of Ukraine
The General Prosecutor’s Office of Lithuania has started an investigation into the financial activities of Anatolii Shariy, who is accused of embezzling money.
“UKRINFORM”: It is in Lithuania that Sharia is being accused of abrogation, and in Ukraine it is long past time to try him for treason. We can’t wait…
The Minister of Defense of Ukraine, Oleksiy Reznikov, announced that another batch of British M270 MLRS has arrived in Ukraine.
Serhiy Kyslytsia, the Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the UN, said at the meeting of the UN Security Council that Russia should be allowed to participate in the ZAES session under the leadership of the IAEA, demining the ZANP facilities and withdraw military personnel and weapons from the station.
Russia’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Vasyl Nebenzia, did not support the proposal to create a demilitarized zone around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.
The final branch of the human rights organization Amnesty International lost about 400 donors after the international organization published a report criticizing the Armed Forces.
Amnesty International adopted a statement in which it directly called out Russia for using the Zaporizhzhia NPP as a military base, as well as for threatening the civilian population around this facility.
“UKRINFORM”: As the people say, something died in the forest…
The Deputy Head of the Russian Security Council Medvedev said that there are also nuclear power plants in the European Union, and there are possibilities of “accidental” incidents.
“UKRINFORM”: There are also nuclear power plants in Russia and there, too, “employees can accidentally smoke”, as they did recently at the airfields in Saki and Zyabrovka.
Belarus intends to soon build a port somewhere in Russia through which to export its own goods – Roman Golovchenko, Prime Minister of Belarus
Putin’s invasion of Ukraine set back the Russian economy for four years, causing one of the longest recessions in the country’s history – Bloomberg
“UKRINFORM”: It won’t be enough… It should be rejected together in the times of the USSR, which they are all so eager to make a decision about.
Marina Dmytriv, Kyiv