We know this about the perpetrator – NRK Norway – Overview of news from different parts of the country
– What we can say is that the man is a 22-year-old ethnic Danish man, the police inform at a press conference in Copenhagen in Denmark on Sunday.
Several people are injured after shots were fired inside a shopping center in Copenhagen on Sunday.
Chief Inspector Søren Thomassen said during a press conference at a quarter to nine that there were more killed after the incident.
Mahdi Al-Wazni witnessed the incident, and is said to have put the perpetrator at a distance of 200 meters.
– He was light in the face. He was wearing hunting or military clothes, the witness says Danish TV2.
Shouted that it was not real
Al-Wazni’s photo of the man shows him wearing green shorts that went over his knees. He was wearing a dark singlet and carrying a long weapon, which looked like a shotgun.
– He seemed very violent and angry, says in Al-Wazni, who says that he had contact with him for about a minute before the perpetrator went to shoot.
– He spoke directly to me and said that it was not real while I was filming him.
– He seemed very proud of what he did.
Did you not feel in danger?
– Yes I did. Everyone ran away. I was the only one. There was not a single one, but yes – I did not think of anything but to go and find my daughter.
His daughter should be safe.
Witness the confrontation
Witnesses are said to have seen confront a person with a weapon at the mall, according to Ekstrabladet.
– We turn left towards Kastrup airport and there we see three to four police officers. They shout at a man with a weapon in his hand. It looks like a track rifle, says the witness to Ekstra Bladet.
– We could hear them shouting “Put down the weapon” and fire a couple of warning shots. And then we are gone, the witness tells the newspaper.
– We were going into Fields and leaving the car down in the parking basement. When we are on our way out of the car, a lot of people come running, the witness says.