Published: December 29, 2021 2:56 p.m.
Over the New Year’s weekend there are “extensive free PCR testing facilities” in Salzburg’s districts, as the state announced on Wednesday. In addition, pharmacies, medical practices and, in some cases, tourist regions also offer tests.
On working days, the usual test infrastructure is available in all districts in Salzburg even during the Christmas holidays. The PCR test is valid for 72 hours. If you test on December 31, for example, you will get the result over the New Year’s weekend. The usual test offer will be available again on Monday (January 3rd).
- Supervised PCR and antigen tests in 14 Red Cross stations, registration at www.salzburg-testet.at and 1450. The stations are also open on December 31 (New Year’s Eve). Serve as evidence.
- PCR gargle tests for the home. Serve as evidence.
- PCR and antigen tests in currently around 65 pharmacies in Salzburg, registration at www.apothekerkammer.at. Partly free, partly paid offers. Serve as evidence.
- Antigen tests before visiting relatives or small family gatherings to be as safe as possible.
- Please plan well, because the result of a PCR test is usually available within around 24 hours. Depending on the workload and the pick-up time, it can take a little longer.
Pick up the PCR gargle tests for New Years
In order to have more security before visiting relatives over the New Year and to check your own corona status with a PCR test, the PCR gargle tests from the provider Novogenia will be picked up on January 1st. And that is how the partners report the following area from 1 p.m. onwards:
- SPAR-Express, Innsbrucker Bundesstrasse 97, Salzburg
- SPAR-Express, Aigner Strasse 22, Salzburg
- SPAR-Express, Linzer Bundesstrasse 5, Salzburg
- SPAR-Express, Franz-Brötzner-Strasse 2, Wals
- SPAR-Express, Alpenstrasse 35, Anif
- SPAR-Express, Gewerbestrasse 13, Anthering
- SPAR-Express, Salzburgerstrasse 90, Bischofshofen
- SPAR-Express, Feuersang 337, Flachau
- SPAR-Express, Zellerstraße 30, Mittersill
- SPAR store EH, Rain 130, Leogang
- SPAR M Salzburg, Getreidegasse 9, Salzburg (open from 2 p.m.)
- SPAR SM Salzburg, train station, Südtirolerplatz 1, Salzburg
- McDonalds, Getreidegasse 26, Salzburg
- McDonalds, Alpenstrasse 112, Salzburg
- McDonalds, Römerstrasse 1, Eugendorf
- McDonalds, Sterneckstrasse 49, Salzburg
- McDonalds, Europastraße 148 / Europark, Salzburg
- McDonalds, Leoganger Straße 16A, Saalfelden
- McDonalds, Palfengasse 2, St. Johann im Pongau
- McDonalds, Europastraße 10, Hallein
- McDonalds, Carl-Zuckmayer-Strasse 1, Salzburg
- McDonalds, rest stop Walserberg Süd, Walserberg
- McDonalds, Kinostraße 4, Wals
- McDonalds, Professor Ferry Porsche Strasse 4, Zell am See
- McDonalds, Südtiroler Platz 13, Forum 1, Salzburg
- McDonalds, A1 – Bergheim-Kasern motorway station, Bergheim
- McDonalds, A10 motorway, Golling service station, Golling
- McDonalds, Salzburger Strasse 62, Straßwalchen
The provider partners recommend dropping the sample in on January 31, 2021 by 9 a.m. and on January 1, 2022 by 1 p.m. The SPAR branch in Getreidegasse does not open until 2 p.m. and is the last branch to be picked up.
Additional service from the Red Cross
If a PCR test result IS required, the Red Cross will set up an additional service. The key points:
- At the drive-in stations at the Wals-Siezenheim stadium, in Hallein, in Schwarzach im Pongau, in Tamsweg and in Zell am See.
- Open on Saturday, January 1st, 2022, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Registration only by phone at 1450, test type: nasopharynx smear
Accessed on December 29th, 2021 at 3:03 am on https://www.salzburg24.at/news/salzburg/corona-teststation-in-salzburg-zu-neujahr-eineschraenken-geoeffnet-114717445