Before the final matches of the selection of Ukraine’s chances for another place are estimated less than one of the rivals.
The national football team of Ukraine is preparing for the final match of the 2022 World Cup. Ahead of the Ukrainian national team is a poetic match against Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Ukraine is second in the group against the Bosnians with 9 points. However, by one difference from the main competitors in the playoffs – Finland and Bosnia and Herzegovina – has already played a game more.
Read also: Selection for the 2022 FIFA World Cup: what results Ukraine needs for other places and reaching the playoffs
In Group D, where the national team of Ukraine plays, four more matches are to take place (one – with the participation of the “blue-yellows”). Analytical portal Gracenote predicted Ukraine’s chances to get to the playoffs of the World Cup, ie to take another place.
How do you assess Ukraine’s chances elsewhere?
According to Gracenote analysts, Ukraine has a lower chance of a second place than their latest rival, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
At the same time, Ukrainians outperform other competitors in the second Finland. As well as France, however, the current world champions are the first contenders for a place in the group – the chances of this are estimated at 99.23%.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina – 42.88%
- Ukraine – 35.33%
- Finland – 21.09%
- France – 0.7%
But the chances of winning the group in Ukraine, according to Gracenote analysts, are less than all competitors – 0.07%. And in second place after France is Finland – 0.59%.
- France – 99.23%
- Finland – 0.59%
- Bosnia and Herzegovina – 0.11%
- Ukraine – 0.07%
As for the probability of achieving at the World Cup, it is higher in Ukraine than winning the group and is 10%. The same – in Bosnia and Herzegovina, but the chances of Finland Gracenote estimates at 5%.
What is known
- Germany, Denmark and Brazil have already reached the 2022 FIFA World Cup ahead of schedule.
Read also: The third team that qualified for the 2022 FIFA World Cup has been determined: video
- All 10 other places in the qualifying groups, as well as two teams in the League of Nations season, advance to the playoffs. They will be divided into sown and unsown (Ukraine in case of exit will definitely be unsown), divided into three fours. In the format of the semifinals and finals, the last three winners of the roads at the 2022 World Cup will be determined.
Schedule of group D final matches
- Saturday, November 13th. Bosnia and Herzegovina – Finland, France – Kazakhstan
- Tuesday, November 16. Bosnia and Herzegovina – Ukraine, Finland – France