Salzburg does not yet have a work permit for newcomer Gloukh
Red Bull Salzburg cannot use newcomer Oscar Gloukh at the moment. The 18-year-old is still missing the red-white-red card. A deployment in the ÖFB Cup against Sturm on Friday is unlikely anyway, if you like the statements made by sports director Christoph Freund.
Oscar Gloukh is still on hold.
FC Red Bull Salzburg via Getty Images
The committed on Friday Oscar Glouch is for Red Bull Salzburg currently not yet eligible for use. The series champion has not yet received the work permit for the 18-year-old midfielder from Israel. “Players from non-European countries need the red-white-red card, which has already been approved, but it takes a certain amount of time for everything to be issued and gone through,” said Salzburg’s sporting director Christoph Freund on Wednesday.
In any case, it’s just a matter of “formalities”. But even if the game permit were to arrive before the ÖFB Cup quarter-finals against Bundesliga pursuers Sturm Graz on Friday, it indicates that the top talent will not make his debut against Styria yet. “Today he completed his third unit with us, so he already showed the quality he brings with him. But we will carefully introduce him to the game idea so that he knows what it’s about, because it’s different from him was used to in his home country,” said coach Matthias Jaissle.
Quintet missing fixed
In the first competitive game of 2023 he will be missing St. Gallen returnees Daouda Guindo, Dijon Kameri and Bryan Okoh (all knees), Justin Omoregie (back problems) and Samson Tijani (tibia and fibula), who are on the way back after a long-term injury. . “The long-term injured will need a few more weeks to get back to their level of performance, but they are developing well and have completed more and more team sessions in preparation. That’s also something that makes me feel positive about spring,” says Jaissle.
There is still a small question mark over the use of a trio. Benjamin Sesko, who is also struggling with slight ankle problems, and Nicolas Seiwald, like Sekou Koita, were ailing recently, but completed team training again on Wednesday. “We’ll have to wait and see how the two reacted to the stress, but the traffic light is almost green for Friday,” Salzburg’s coach looked ahead optimistically. With Koita, too, he assumes that “it will last until Friday.”
Capaldo and Fernando on the bench
Nicolas Capaldo and Fernando are also available as options – but not from the start. “It’s possible that he could be considered for a short spell, but he’s still far from 100 per cent due to the length of his injury lay-off. But I’m grateful that he’s available to the team again,” Jaissle said of Fernando. With regard to the initial formation against the storm, the German kept a low profile. “I’ve come a long way in my thoughts. There are still a few question marks, one or the other is ill or injured. We’ll wait for the final training session tomorrow and then send the best team onto the field.”
The stadium in Wals-Siezenheim will certainly not be sold out, so far just over 8,000 tickets have been sold. “Of course you want a full hut. I think it’s a shame when the stadium isn’t as full as the players deserve in such an absolutely top game, in which a lot is at stake,” said Freund. He is therefore betting that “many people will decide to come to the stadium in the next two days.”