Smog in Krakow, as of December 10, 2022. What is PM10 and PM2.5? it is due whether the above being outside is safe for your health. See how the state of air in Krakow has changed in recent days. Remember that too much inhalation of polluted air can drive your head.
Is there smog on December 10, 2022 in Krakow?
The air in Krakow it’s good 😃.
You can see outside without worrying about your health.
I last checked the air quality in Krakow on December 10, 2022 at 01:54. See what are the average measurements of particulate matter in the air for Krakow:
- pollution PM2.5: 44% standard (11 µg/m³). The pollution has not changed.
- pollution PM10: 52% standard (21 µg/m³). The pollution has not changed.
Take care of the air in your home
In the last week, average daily readings resulting in:
December 10, 2022
- PM2.5: 11 µg/m³
- PM10: 21 µg/m³
- PM2.5: 22 µg/m³
- PM10: 41 µg/m³
- PM2.5: 13 µg/m³
- PM10: 26 µg/m³
December 7, 2022
- PM2.5: 9 µg/m³
- PM10: 16 µg/m³
- PM2.5: 27 µg/m³
- PM10: 52 µg/m³
December 5, 2022
- PM2.5: 31 µg/m³
- PM10: 64 µg/m³
- PM2.5: 24 µg/m³
- PM10: 61 µg/m³
- PM2.5: 36 µg/m³
- PM10: 116 µg/m³
We recommend it for smog and more
When is the smog? What are the air quality standards in Poland?
The standards are set out in the Regulation of the Minister of the Environment of August 24, 2012 on certain situations in the air. according to them:
- PM10 contamination: the daily level of PM10 concentrations is 50µg/m³ and cannot be longer than 35 days a year. In addition, the annual average may not exceed 40 µg/m³.
- PM2.5 contamination: for PM2.5 dust, the regulation contains only the annual standard, which is 25µg/m³. The World Health Organization (WHO) has placed a daily standard of 25µg/m³. It has been noticed that each level of PM2.5 dust entry adversely affects our health.
Are you looking for an anti-pollution mask for children?
What is PM2.5 dust?
PM2.5 to dust whose particles are no larger than 2.5μm. The World Health Organization (WHO) has described it as the most harmful to human health in the group of microbes. Its harmfulness results, among other things, from the fact that its particles are so small that they can penetrate through the alveoli into the bloodstream. It has been proven that breathing air polluted with PM2.5 dust reduces life expectancy. Even though the exposure may be harmful, there is a risk of respiratory and cardiovascular disease. In addition, troublesome symptoms are known directly in dealing with contaminated air, such as: coughing, worsening of asthma, feeling of shortness of breath. Breathing air contaminated with PM2.5 dust also increases the risk of heart attack and arrhythmia.
Are you looking for an anti-pollution mask for running?
What is PM10 dust?
PM10 is dust, part of particles with a diameter equal to or equal to 10μm. Its duty is primarily related to the connection of the solid fuel and the source. Dust may contain toxic, harmful to humans. Smoke, soot, asbestos, metal particles (arsenic, nickel, cadmium, lead), dioxins, furans and benzpopyrene and other polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons – all this not only sounds worse, but also affects our health.
How do we check if there is SMOG?
To confirm the quality of air quality, we use open data provided by the system Sensor community and CIEP. The data obtained from the sensors is in the area for which we are reporting, we average over the last 15 minutes and start in an accessible form. For simplicity, we have adopted 25µg/m³ as the upper PM2.5 standard, and 40µg/m³ for PM10.
We recommend it for smog and more
Smog in numbers
- The report of the Ministry of Entrepreneurship and Technology shows that in 2016, smog caused the death of 19,000 people. inhabitants of Poland.
- Every year, the Polish city spends more and more money on activities associated with environmental protection. 12 metropolises allocate over PLN 2.5 billion to ten goals.
- It is believed that 52% of smog in Poland comes from the so-called energy aid, i.e. combustion in boilers and furnaces with poor emission parameters.
- The infamous SMOG record in Poland belongs to Rybnik. Where the air was in January 2017 _3 126% of the norm.