Hyatt announces the continued global growth of its luxury brand portfolio with highly anticipated openings in Europe, Africa and the Middle East (EAME) over the next three years. 13 hotels join the ranks of Hyatt’s prestigious brands, including Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hotels in Thompson, Miraval Resorts & Spasand Hyatt Unbound Collection debuting in some of the world’s most sought after destinations including the UK, Spain, South Africa, Austria, Finland and many more. By 2026, these hotels will increase Hyatt’s luxury brand footprint in EAME by more than 30% in key growth markets that matter most to guests, World of Hyatt frequent flyer members, customers and owners.
As leisure travel continues to fuel a resurgence in many parts of the world, Hyatt remains committed to serving high-end travelers to meet the growing demand for luxury travel experiences. After the opening year of strong luxury hotels in 2022, incl La Zambrapart of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand in Costa Del Sol, 7Pines Resort Sardiniapart of the Destination by Hyatt portfolio and the debut of the Thompson Hotels brand in Spain. Thompson Madrid, Hyatt’s luxury inventory currently accounts for approximately 25% of Hyatt’s distribution in EAME. Hyatt’s anticipated openings through 2025 demonstrate its commitment to creating story-worthy experiences and unforgettable stays that exceed the expectations of the luxury traveler.
“Hyatt’s heritage is luxury; it’s in our DNA. Our luxury brands in Europe, Africa and the Middle East set the global benchmark for providing personalized and engaged service and world-class offerings for high-end travelers,” says Javier Águila, Group CEO Europe, Africa and the Middle East. East, Hyatt. “The global luxury travel market is seeing significant growth as the recovery continues, and the EAME region expects to capture a large share of this segment. Our impressive portfolio of luxury properties and growing portfolio of diverse brands signal Hyatt’s commitment to thoughtful brand growth in desirable destinations and further strengthen Hyatt’s position as a leader in luxury hospitality.
The strategic growth of Hyatt’s luxury portfolio across the EAME region includes key milestones such as the opening of four Park Hyatt branded hotels, including the return of the Park Hyatt brand to London; the launch of the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Helsinki and the debut of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand in Finland; Launch of the Andaz brand in Lisbon; and the unveiling of the first Miraval luxury wellness resort outside the United States on Shura Island in Saudi Arabia. Each new property has been carefully selected to complement Hyatt’s premium portfolio of luxury brands and encapsulates Hyatt’s unprecedented, immersive luxury experiences inspired by the vibrant cultures and stories of their locations.
Planned luxury openings by 2025 include:
- Park Hyatt Johannesburg (Johannesburg, South Africa) Following an extensive renovation of the iconic Winston Hotel led by award-winning global designer Yabu Pushelberg, Park Hyatt Johannesburg is re-establishing the Park Hyatt brand in South Africa. Opening in early 2023, the hotel showcases every aspect of luxury through its thoughtful redesign. It has 30 rooms and suites, a spacious restaurant with al fresco dining and a sophisticated bar in the outdoor courtyard.
- Park Hyatt Marrakech (Marrakech, Morocco) Park Hyatt Marrakech brings a unique and luxurious experience to the impressive Al Maaden residential and leisure complex. It will be the first Park Hyatt hotel in Morocco. Set to open in early 2023, the stunning 181-room property is set against a stunning backdrop of the Atlas Mountains and features a Moroccan garden-inspired 18-hole golf course designed by award-winning golf course designer Kyle Phillips.
- Park Hyatt London River Thames (Nine Elms, London) Park Hyatt London River Thames will open in early 2024 as the Park Hyatt brand returns to London and is set to become one of the city’s premier riverside hotels. Located in the One Nine Elms building directly opposite Westminster, the hotel’s 203 elegantly designed rooms and suites and exquisite event facilities re-introduce the Park Hyatt brand’s sense of thoughtful and sophisticated luxury in the British capital.
- Park Hyatt Riyadh Diriyah Gate (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) Opening in 2025, Park Hyatt Riyadh Diriyah Gate in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is part of the long-awaited Diriyah Gate Development, overlooking the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Al-Turaif. Covering more than 2.5 square kilometers (7 square miles), Diriyah will become one of the world’s most significant historical tourist attractions, offering guests a sophisticated home-like setting and new ways to experience Saudi Arabian history.
- Andaz Doha (Doha, Qatar) Set in the heart of the vibrant West Bay, Andaz Doha, set to open in early 2023, is part of the city’s iconic architectural ‘œuvre d’arts’ skyline. Bringing lifestyle, local inspiration and contemporary art to the next level, the hotel offers 256 rooms with 32 suites and four Royal suites, 56 apartments, an in-house restaurant, a Singaporean street food restaurant and a jungle themed bar, an outdoor swimming pool. , a fully equipped fitness studio and much more. Close to most embassies, financial institutions and luxury shopping malls, Andaz Doha pulses in the heart of Doha.
- Andaz Lisbon (Lisbon, Portugal) Expected to open in 2024, Andaz Lisbon will combine Lisbon’s rich culture and heritage with locally inspired architecture and design. Located in Lisbon’s vibrant Baixa district, it offers guests an exciting new luxury hotel in the Portuguese capital. Guests can enjoy cocktails and local cuisine at the hotel’s rooftop restaurant, bar and Andaz Lounge, as well as relax and rejuvenate at the spa and fitness center.
- Grand Hyatt Red Sea (Shaura Island, Saudi Arabia) Located at the center of the ambitious Red Sea Project on Shaura Island, off the west coast of Saudi Arabia, this 430-room Grand Hyatt hotel is expected to open in mid-2024. This luxury resort represents the largest of the 11 hotels opening on the island and will be a prime location in this innovative tourist destination. Grand Hyatt The Red Sea is the second Grand Hyatt hotel in the Kingdom and the seventh Grand Hyatt hotel in the Middle East, marking an important milestone in Hyatt’s strategy to grow the brand in the region.
- Grand Hyatt Limassol (Limassol, Cyprus) The first Hyatt hotel on the island of Cyprus, the 300-room Grand Hyatt Limassol luxury resort, is expected to open in 2025 and marks Hyatt’s continued brand growth in Europe’s leading tourist destinations. The new beach resort is located on Blue Flag Beach east of Limassol, one of the island’s most cosmopolitan cities. With a prime beachfront location on the south coast of the island, Grand Hyatt Limassol offers 300 bold, bright rooms with sea views, making it a fascinating destination.
- Grand Hyatt Lanzarote (Lanzarote, Spain) Expected to open in 2025, the Grand Hyatt Lanzarote is located in a high-end tourist area of the island of Lanzarote and offers spectacular coastal views. Guests can expect stunning design, iconic experiences in breathtaking environments, and excellent service and amenities.
Hotels in Thompson
- Thompson Vienna (Vienna, Austria) Opening in late 2024, Thompson Vienna will open as part of a landmark that will bring a new KaDeWe department store to the Austrian capital. World-renowned architects OMA and interior designers Tara Bernerd & Partners are designing a sophisticated lifestyle hotel, creating an immersive destination that has been influenced by the special features of the city.
Miraval Resorts & Spas
- Miraval Red Sea (Shura Island, Saudi Arabia) Opening in late 2025, a 180-room luxury wellness resort, Miraval The Red Sea introduces the wellness brand’s signature mindfulness-based wellness practices to a new corner of the world and gives guests tools and inspiration to find and support balance. emotional and mental well-being. The new Miraval Resort is located on Saudi Arabia’s Shura Island, the center of the highly anticipated new hospitality development, The Red Sea Project. The new Miraval resort paves the way, bringing transformative wellness experiences and the largest spa on the Red Sea.
Hyatt Unbound Collection
- Grand Hansa Hotel Helsinki (Helsinki, Finland) Debuting in mid-2023, Grand Hansa Hotel Helsinki will join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio as the first hotel in Finland equipped with the Hyatt brand. Located in the heart of Helsinki on one of the city’s most famous streets, the world-class hotel combines heritage with modern elegance. It has 219 rooms and five suites, three dining options, including a two-story bar, and a luxurious day spa with three different saunas and a relaxing lounge.
- Hotel under development (Crans-Montana, Switzerland) Expected to join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand in December 2023, the luxurious 41-room boutique hotel will evoke unforgettable memories with Swiss chalet cuisine and front-row sports experiences. The property is located in Crans-Montana, one of the most prestigious and established year-round mountain resorts in the Swiss Alps and also known for hosting one of Europe’s most important golf tournaments.