Eliteserien 2022 is prohibited. Soon the international transfer window will open, something that allows clubs to buy and sell players.
Glimt has already signed contract-free Omar Elabdellaoui, a signing Freddy Toresen is very impressed by.
– Thoroughly professional
– What was very interesting to hear was that he was by no means finished as a footballer, rather the opposite. He wants to take new steps and he wants to be part of the culture up here. It looks like Glimt has got a through and through professional type in, says Toresen in the podcast.
Before Elabdellaoui’s arrival, there were several rumors about where he could end up. Far bigger clubs than Glimt were allegedly at the ball with a bigger summer than the yellow jerseys turned up with.
– Rumors have swirled, and one of them who has been to Cincinnati must have offered DKK 40 million. Another rumor is that he turned down an offer twice as big as Glimt had. It’s not something that I know of. There are also rumors that it is a total frame of around 16–17 million for him in Bodø, but I must clarify that these are only rumours. Still, it is most reminiscent of what is the truth.
– Host Brann his floor calf
One player who has been rumored for Glimt in the last day is Niklas Jensen Wassberg at Brann. Toresen is impressed by what he has set of “Kniklas”:
– I have many thoughts about that rumour. The first time I noticed him was during a training match back in 2021, when Kåre Ingebrigtsen was the head coach at Brann. I thought “this guy was shamefully good”. He was also good when he played in the Eliteserien match here last year, but this year there has been less playing time.
– Knutsen and Kalvenes have good control over what goes on in Bergen, so it is in many ways somewhat logical that links appear. He has been Brann’s floor calf, and thinks that they have previously turned down FC Copenhagen and Nordsjælland, which have a better scouting network than in Norway. The bids they must have made must have been high.
– Must feel like it
The podcast also talks about August Mikkelsen, but Toresen is unsure whether there is a future for the boy from Tromsø in Bodø:
– That Glimt has been interested in Mikkelsen is no secret, but it has also been signaled that he would not like to go to Bodø. If you have to bring someone here, it must be players who are eager to take new steps.
Still, he sees a loophole for how he can make the trip south:
– Should it turn out that Tromsø really wants Lasse Nordås for Alfheim, it can be used as part of a transition where Mikkelsen goes the opposite way, but only if he wants to.