Ukraine is completing work on the creation of its own strike drone. We will win.
We have collected information for you about the two hundred and eighty-fourth day of the war: how Ukraine and Ukrainians lived 4 December 2022.
– “Ukroboronprom” is moving to the final stage of tests of the Ukrainian attack drone – press secretary of “Ukroboronprom” Nataliya Sad in the telethon broadcast on Sunday. The Ukrainian drone can carry a combat weight of 75 kg and will have a flight range of up to 1,000 km.
– As it became known late yesterday evening, on December 3, fighters of the “Karlson” special unit raised the Ukrainian flag in the left-bank Kherson region. It is reported on page of the special unit. The flag of Ukraine was hung on the port crane tower, which stands on the bank of the Dnieper. “This will become a bridgehead for the de-occupation of the left bank of the Kherson region!” – emphasized the military.
– In Iran, after long protest actions, the “morality police” are being eliminated. Iran’s Attorney General Mohammad Jafar Montazeri says the country’s “morality police” will be disbanded – Deutsche Welle. According to Montazeri, the authorities revises the law in force for decades, which requires women to wear the hijab, to see if it needs any “changes”. At the same time, it is still unclear whether the “morality police” will be created again with a different mandate or under a different name. Large-scale protests in Iran, which continue to this day, broke out on September 16 during the funeral of 22-year-old Mahsi Amini, who was detained by the morality police for wearing a hijab “incorrectly”. On the same day, she was taken to the hospital in a coma, and two days later she died.
QUOTES OF THE DAY
- Volodymyr Zelenskyi, President of Ukraine, having made public in Telegrams selection photos on the topic of the Russian-Ukrainian war: “Our victory is won by force of arms and force of spirit. The strength of the soldiers and the strength of the people. The power of the state and the power of culture. The strength of our unity is our ability to work together for the sake of Ukrainian interests and our ability to support each other.”
- Oleksiy Danilov, Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine: “Terrorist and killer countries want to provide security guarantees? (For the first time since the beginning of the war in Ukraine, French President Emmanuel Macron publicly expressed the idea of providing “security guarantees” for Russia – ed.) Instead of Nuremberg – signing an agreement with the Russian Federation and shaking hands? Ukrainian blood on Putin’s hands will not interfere as usual? The strange logic of carpet diplomacy, the time of which is over. The question is to guarantee the safety of the world from the so-called Russia, not the other way around.”
- Lloyd Austin, head of the Pentagon: “Putin’s war is not a consequence of NATO’s expansion – it is the cause of NATO’s expansion, and now, because of the Kremlin’s longing for a destroyed empire, Europe is facing the biggest security crisis since the end of World War II.”
LOSS OF THE ENEMY
– On Sunday, December 4, the Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down an enemy Ka-52 helicopter – Air Force of the ZSU.
– On December 2, more than 270 Russian servicemen were injured in two temporarily captured districts of the Zaporizhzhia region. – Zaporizhzhia Regional Military Administration. In general on About 20 military bases of the invaders were destroyed in the Zaporizhzhia region in a weekcompetition of the mayor of Melitopol, Ivan Fedorov.
– The Russian military loses from 50 to 100 people every day in the Bakhmut direction. The same number of occupiers are supported by injuries – the spokesman of the Eastern Group of Forces, Serhiy Cherevaty.
– The enemy continues to suffer losses in the Donetsk and Luhansk directions. Medical facilities Donetsk crowded with wounded enemy servicemen. Up to 300 wounded Russian occupiers have been brought to the Novopsk Territorial Medical Association of the temporarily occupied territories of the Luhansk region in recent days – General Staff.
– “The weather is looking for our military in the Swativ and Kremin directions – we are waiting for positive news in the near future that will allow us to develop the success of the Armed Forces” – head of the Luhansk OVA, Serhiy Gaidai.
– On the eastern front, Russian troops are attacking the Defense Forces of Ukraine with banned K-51 chlorpicrin grenades. with a strong irritating effect, dropping them with the help of drones – the Navy of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in Telegrams.
– In the Black Sea, Russia has 21 warships, four of them carrying Kalibr cruise missiles, a total salvo of 24 missiles..
– On December 3, five Georgian citizens who fought as volunteers in the Armed Forces of Ukraine died near Bakhmut – Embassies of Georgia in Ukraine in Facebook “Georgian volunteers Avto Rurua, Roland Kvaratskhelia, Romeo Pichkhaya, Merab Aladashvili and Badri Markelia died on December 3 in the fight against the Russian invaders near Bakhmut. Eternal memory and glory to the heroes,” the message reads.
– “In a week from captured parts of four regions (Zaporizka, Kherson, Luhansk and Donetsk) the Rashists released only 311 people to Zaporizhzhia. Thousands more are waiting for their turn.” – Mayor of Melitopol Ivan Fedorov.
– Since the morning, the Russian occupiers have already shelled the Nikopol district of the Dnipropetrovsk region 5 times. White and throughout Nikopol itself and the Pokrovsk community – head of OVA Valentin Reznichenko. “A 23-year-old boy died in the village of Kapulivka. He was working in his yard when a Russian shell hit him,” Reznichenko wrote.
– The Russian army shelled eight regions of Ukraine over the past day – consolidated information of regional military administrations. Two civilians were killed, seven more people were injured.
– Russia’s use of the winter as an after-war cannot remain outside the boundaries of your international institutions, because currently more than ten million Ukrainians do not have water, electricity and heating – Prosecutor General Andriy Kostin during a meeting with the commissioners of the independent UN International Commission to Investigate Crimes in Ukraine.
– Severodonetsk in the Luhansk region entered the winter without heating with partial electricity supply. – the head of the military-civilian administration of the city Oleksandr Stryuk.
– In Mariupol, temporarily captured by the Russian army, the air temperature in the apartments is minus 2. People are asking for electric heaters and bedrooms – Petro Andryushchenko, adviser to the mayor of Mariupol.
– After an emergency drainage of water from the heating system, there is a chance of heat returning to the houses – Deputy Chairman of the KMDA Petro Panteleev. After the repair work is done and the power supply is restored, it will be possible to connect this house, as it is done in the fall, when the heating is started.
– Metropolitan Epiphanius of Kyiv and throughout Ukraine blessed the combat flags of the military units of the Territorial Defense Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. “We pray daily for our soldiers, that the Lord gives them the strength and patience to defend our God-given Ukrainian land,” the head of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine wrote on Twitter.
– More than 100 people were evacuated from the epicenter of hostilities to Lviv Oblast – Maksym Kozytskyi, head of Lviv OVA.
– The Kharkiv Regional Council allocated 300 million hryvnias for additional financing of the de-occupied territories of the region –head of the regional council Tetyana Yehorova-Lutsenko. The money will go to people’s salaries, the purchase of necessary equipment for work, etc
– In Izyum, Kharkiv Oblast decide to rename 22 streets, the names of which are related to the Russian Federation, instead perpetuate the names of Bandera, Dudayev, Ratushny, Mazepa, Polubotko – Deputy Head of the Izyum City Military Administration Volodymyr Matsokin.
– 85 base stations of mobile communication were restored in the Kherson region – head of Kherson OVA, Yaroslav Yanushevich.
– Law enforcement agencies, together with the local authorities, have already decided on how to protect Banksy’s graffiti. and other cultural objects from theft – Chief of the Kyiv Oblast Police Andrii Nebytov.
– The first ship within the humanitarian program Grain from Ukraine (“Grain from Ukraine”) delivered 25 thousand tons of Ukrainian wheat to Ethiopia on December 3, to report on the website of the President of Ukraine. At the same time, as reported by the press service of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine, a second ship with humanitarian wheat has already departed from Ukraine to Ethiopia as part of the Grain from Ukraine grain corridor initiative.
– The National Bank of Ukraine sold 569.32 million dollars on the interbank foreign exchange market last week. USA, and also bought 6.6 million dollars. USA – NBU.
WORLD: HELP, SANCTIONS, EVENTS
– Since the beginning of the full-scale war, Ukraine has attracted 25 billion dollars of external financing to the state budget – press service of the Ministry of Finance.
– The Prosecutor’s Office of the European Union (EPPO) is ready to start a fight against those who try to circumvent the sanctions introduced against the Russian Federation, said EU Prosecutor General Laura Koveshi – Bloomberg.
– The US is concentrating on countering the supply of weapons from Iran to Russia and supporting the Iranian protesters, and not on the negotiations on the renewal of the international nuclear agreement, which has reached a dead end – the Special Representative of the US President on Iran, Robert Malley, in an interview with Bloomberg.
– Chairman of the Armed Forces Committee of the US House of Representatives, Adam Smith sharply criticized the confirmation of some American politicians about the allegedly insufficient control over the provision of American aid to Ukraine – Politico.
– Estonia, Lithuania and Poland called on the EU to accelerate the preparation of the ninth package of sanctions against Russia – Minister of Foreign Affairs of Estonia Urmas Reinsalu.
– The last training series of this year has ended in Great Britainwhich Canadian Armed Forces instructors conducted in coordination with the British Army for the Ukrainian military within the scope of the training operation COMBINATOR – General Staff.
– The Czech company Excalibur Army has been modernizing armored vehicles for the Defense Forces since the beginning of the full-scale war in Ukraine. Specialists are also preparing tractors for the front and equipping combat vehicles with modern communication systems – “Present Time”. The Excalibur Army plant had to increase its staff by 150 people, refugees from Ukraine also work there.
– Citizens who suffered as a result of the unleashed Russian war can receive financial assistance from the Estonian Refugee Council. – site Ministry of Reintegration of Temporarily Occupied Territories.
– Representatives of the OPEC+ countries decided not to change the parameters of oil production – Reuters. The decision was made two days after the G7 countries set the price threshold for Russian oil at $60 per barrel.
– Spanish police have concluded that six packages with explosives were sent from the city of Valladolid in the north of the country – Reuters. This is one of the historical and cultural centers of the state, in the location of the international airport. Now, from November 24 to December 2, packages with explosives were received by Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez, the Embassy of Ukraine in Madrid, government agencies, the satellite company whose weapons were sent to Ukraine, and the American diplomatic mission.
– Almost two thousand people were evacuated due to the eruption of the Semeru volcano. There are currently no reports of casualties. On Sunday, the highest volcano in the country, Semeru, erupted on the island of Java in Indonesia. A cloud of volcanic ash rose to a height of 15 kilometers, streams of lava gushed forth like a spear – Deutsche Welle.
– Putin was surprised by such a failure of his armed forces in Ukraine, which may lead to the sounding for a certain time of his goals in the Ukrainian direction – this was the opinion expressed by the Director of National Intelligence of the USA, Avril Gaines. And she added that it was earlyof Russian troops in Ukraine spend ammunition faster than the country’s defense industry is able to produce them.
– Microsoft says that Russia will increase its cyberattacks on Ukraine and its partners in the winter – Bloomberg.
– Russia wants negotiations to reduce pressure on the cream and prepare a new one offensive – the American Institute for the Study of War (ISW). According to American analysts, the data of the latest survey conducted by the independent Russian sociological service “Levada Center” showed that 74% of Russians still support the actions of their military in the war against Ukraine: 42% of respondents “strongly support” and 32% – “somewhat” “. support”. With, only 41% of respondents support the continuation of military operations, while 53% said that Russia should start peace talks.
– The probability of the participation of the Belarusian army in the war against Ukraine remained low – Institute for the Study of War (IWV).
– Weapons without ammunition were issued: the invader reported on the phone about the loss of 300 soldiers of the Russian Federation, then they were given weapons without ammunition – Gthe main intelligence department of the Ministry of Defense,
Prepared by Larisa Gavrylova, Kyiv