On Monday, Kasper Hjulmand’s boys were free to do whatever they wanted. Tuesday was light training. National team manager Kasper Hjulmand is busy keeping his nerves in check, even though he knows that an incredible amount is at stake before the last group stage match against Australia on Wednesday at 4 p.m.
– The best way to prepare is to be 100 percent focused on the task. The players are used to playing big matches. They are professionals and know that they have to solve a task. We are not talking about all possible scenarios, says Hjulmand.
Denmark meets Australia for the fifth tie. Half of the previous four meetings have ended in victory. The prerequisites for this afternoon’s match are as follows:
* France is through to the round of 16 and in practice wins group D. Tunisia is the opponent in the last match.
* Anything other than victory over Australia means World Cup exit for Denmark. Australia will then join France in the cup, most likely as second in the group.
* With victory over Australia, the ticket to the round of 16 is secured unless Tunisia beat France and at the same time get a better goal difference than Denmark.
* In the event of an equal goal difference, Denmark is ahead of Tunisia with more goals scored.