Here it is for the first time in Norway
It debuted back in 1998 and for several generations has been considered one of the best SUVs you can buy. The Lexus RX has also distinguished itself with a low level of wear, high comfort and a lot of equipment.
More than 3.5 million copies have been sold worldwide since its introduction in 1998. 300,000 of them in Europe
Now it is ready for a completely new generation, which is the fifth in a row. The most important news for Norway is that it now also comes as a plug-in hybrid, RX 450h+ it is then called.
Not ready for an electric car
Now the very first copy has just been on a quick tour in Norway. Lexus will soon have electric cars in its model range. Nevertheless, they believe there is also room for a brand new rechargeable hybrid:
– We are experiencing increasing interest in electric cars, but we also have many customers who are not ready to drive fully electric. These are usually slightly more mature customers. In the past year, we have received very good feedback on our rechargeable NX 450h+, says Jan Christian Holm, head of Lexus in Norway.
Used SUV? This is one of the best buys
No need to show off
– Customers value the best of both worlds, with electric driving in everyday life and a kind petrol engine that takes you all the way to the cabin without stopping. At the same time, we know that some people want an even bigger and more sophisticated SUV, so we strongly believe that the new RX 450h+ will find its place here.
– Who have traditionally been the RX customers in Norway?
– These have usually been grown men in solid positions, who live the good life. They value quality and a high level of service, but have no need to show off to their neighbours. These are also very loyal customers. Many have owned several RXs over the years. Some have actually had all generations, and are now looking forward to us launching the fifth, says Holm.
Top 5: The SUVs with the most satisfied owners
Starts at NOK 927,900
The RX has been the most important model for establishing Lexus as a brand in Norway. It was with the launch of the RX 400h in 2005 that sales really took off.
– This was the first car in its class with a hybrid powertrain, it added something new to this segment. Since then, we have been the only country in the world to sell only the hybrid version of the RX throughout all generations. RX has always conducted research at the very top when it comes to quality and operational reliability. We had the highest sales with the third and fourth generation, which is also related to the fact that several dealers were established in Norway during this period, says Jan Christian Holm.
The RX 450h+ Comfort also has a starting price of NOK 927,900. The first customer cars are expected to arrive in February/March next year.
Click here to read more about the first four RX generations
Video: This could result in record sales for Lexus in Norway