By Nicholas Claich
The flashing lights of the fire trucks were still lighting up rue de Bourgogne, around 6 p.m., Monday, November 28, 2022. For an hour, the firefighters had been working in the basement of the building located at number 11 of this street, in the Chemin-Vert district a Caen (Calvados).
The fire starts from a garbage room
“The fire started in a local garbage can, but we were able to put it out quickly using a lance”, indicates Lieutenant Nicolas Silvan, group leader of the Calvados firefighters on the intervention.
Not important smoke development had propagated in the cellars as well as on the stairs of this eleven-storey building. After reconnaissance on the floors, the firefighters opened two skydomes to evacuate the smoke. They also ventilated the basement.
We are going to ask the syndic to condemn the cellars until tomorrow morning.
The guard transported to the CHU
Some residents had taken to the streets before firefighters arrived. No injuries are to be deplored, even if the caretaker of the building, slightly inconvenienced by the fumes, was transported to the University Hospital of Caen for observation.
The municipal police cut off traffic in the street while the firefighters intervened. The Enedis and GrDF teams also traveled to carry out the usual checks, without finding any anomaly.
Was this article helpful to you? Know that you can follow Liberté Caen in space My News . In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.