Universal National Service (UNS) / News / News / Home
Universal National Service (UNS)
Updated on 22/11/2022
Recruitment for 2023 in Pas-de-Calais
The context of the implementation of the UNS 2023.
The Universal National Service (SNU) is an ambitious project aimed at young people aged 15 to 17 on a voluntary basis.
Complementary to compulsory education, the SNU aims to:
- Increase the cohesion and resilience of the Nation by developing a culture of commitment;
- Guarantee a social and territorial mix of an entire age group;
- Strengthen the orientation and support of young people in the construction of their personal and professional career;
Enhance the territories, their dynamics and their cultural and natural heritage.
As a reminder, the SNU is articulated in two key stages:
- A stay of cohesion of two weeks aimed at transmitting a republican base and raising young people’s awareness of citizenship, ecological transition and Defense issues.
- A mission of general interest (MIG) of 84 hours in order to enable young people to develop a culture of commitment and promote their integration into society. This mission is carried out during the year of the cohesion stay in various organizations (public services, associations, communities, EPADH.) and in different forms.
Young people who so wish can then engage in a more sustainable way in existing systems: Civic Services, Operational Reserves of the armies and the gendarmerie, volunteer firefighters, etc.)
It should be noted that the specifications presented above are likely to change for the second half of 2023.
Universal National Service in Pas-de-Calais in 2023.
The departmental recruitment target set by the national is 870 volunteers for the first half of 2023.
3 stays will be offered during this first semester, with defined targets:
- From April 16 to 28, 2023, target of 218 volunteers
- From June 11 to 23, 2023, target of 305 volunteers
- From July 4 to 16, 2023, target of 347 volunteers
The recruitment platform opened on October 19, 2022. To date, 151 volunteers have completed their registration procedure. From the beginning of December, we will rely on education pools, then on schools, to reach our recruitment targets, particularly in terms of volunteers from QPV or rural areas. At the same time, the youth info points, as well as the local missions of the department will be local relays for the dissemination of information concerning this recruitment.
Regarding accommodation, the DRAJES announces the deadline of the end of November for the publication of the contracts with a deadline for submitting offers for the beginning of January.
To date, the establishments likely to respond to the market are:
- The European center of CALAIS
- OHLAIN departmental park