the meeting place for stamp enthusiasts is making a comeback
Unpublished stamps will be offered for sale and attractive thematic exhibitions will animate the Terraces of Fontvieille.
It is an appointment not to be missed for all philatelists and history enthusiasts, more generally. On the Terrasses de Fontvieille, very close to the Museum of Stamps and Coins, will be held MonacoPhil 2022, the international philatelic event.
From November 24 to 26, the public will be able to discover more than 100 stamps offered by the Museum of Stamps and Coins, free of charge, as well as two thematic exhibitions. One on India and the other on the postal history of the Great Army of Napoleon I, with in particular the specialized collection of Prince Albert II.
Five new shows
For collectors, the Espace Léo Ferré will host dealers and it will be possible to buy four limited edition inserts and five new issues from the Office des Timbres:
- The MonacoPhil 2022 block focused on Napoleon I and his meeting with Honoré V
- The block of the joint philatelic issue between Monaco and the French Southern and Antarctic Lands, on the theme of Albert I
- A tribute block to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- A stamp for the 10th anniversary of the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation
- A stamp on the Indian Ocean mission of Monaco Explorations
The icing on the cake, a “philatelic passport” will have to be completed during the event to participate, once complete, in a raffle which will offer prestigious prizes to the winners.
READ ALSO: A postcard setting: Fontvieille
The event will open from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., from November 24 to 26 on the Terrasses de Fontvieille.