Over 3,800 people from Russia entered the Republic of Moldova after the partial military mobilization decreed by Moscow
More than 3,800 people, mostly Moldovans who also hold the citizenship of the Russian Federation, entered the Republic of Moldova after September 21, when the partial military was announced or mobilized in Russia. The data were presented today by the head of the Border Police, Rosian Vasiloi, in a press conference, reports MOLDPRES.
The leadership of the Border Police emphasized that, out of the total number of people, more than 1400 have left our countries. “In most cases, these are Moldovan citizens who also hold the citizenship of the Russian Federation and meet the conditions for entering Moldova,” said Rosian Vasiloi.
At the same time, he stated that “249 people from Russia were not authorized to enter the country, because they did not meet the conditions for traveling to the Republic of Moldova”.
Earlier this week, Deputy Prime Minister Nicu Popescu, the European Minister of Foreign Affairs and Integration, said he would do everything possible to keep the citizens of the Republic of Moldova out of the war in Ukraine. The official urged citizens not to get involved in this military conflict.
The Deputy Prime Minister mentioned that, in connection with the considerable increase in the number of applications for the completion of travel documents at the consular section of the Embassy of Moldova in the Russian Federation, it was decided to extend the schedule of the section on rest days.
Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on September 21 a partial military mobilization in Russia to fulfill the objectives of the “special military operation” in Ukraine.