The agreements between the University of San Marino and the Autonomous State Agency for Public Works are at the center of an interpellation presented by Repubblica Futura.
The undersigned Councilors of the Republic of San Marino,
– That with resolution no. 35 of 16 February 2022, the State Congress mandated the Director of the Autonomous State Company for Public Works (AASLP) to report on the agreements between the same AASLP and the University of San Marino (UniRSM) in road maintenance, on the ERMES Didactics and Research Center set up by the University, on the technical solutions adopted for road maintenance “as well as an advanced proposal to modify the current procedure in progress that leads to cost maintenance and, at the same time, to a more effective maintenance of underground services and recovery / processing of materials “;
– That with resolution no. 31 of 2 May 2022, the Congress of State, adopting the report of the Director of the AASLP referred to in the previous point, ordered and ordered the waiver by AASLP to the scientific advice of university staff as required by the agreements signed between AASLP and UniRSM, mandated the Rector of the UniRSM to provide for the rotation of the members of the ERMES Didactics and Research Center and requested AASLP to review the methods of intervention to maintain and restore the road structure;
– That on 6 June 2022, in response to a statement from Libera, the Secretary of State for the Territory Stefano Canti stated in the press (among other things) that the collaboration started between the AASLP and the UniRSM should operate by spending “money public to carry out experiments on San Marino roads, pushing research beyond the limits allowed by Italian environmental and technical-performance legislation “and that” the Agreement with the University cost over 93,000 euros in just 4 years “and that the State Congress was willing to “implement, strengthen and above all train the internal skills of the AASLP rather than relying only on external professionals”;
– That, in the same press release, the Secretary of State Canti asserted, referring to the maintenance activity carried out under the AASLP-UniRSM agreements: “And the state of conservation of our roads, full of cracks, is under the eyes of all citizens and holes. Via Cella Bella in the historic center of Città is an example of this, an asphalt built a few years ago and today already crumbled and full of holes. “
– That with resolution no. 29 of 25 July 2022, the Congress of State has given a mandate to the Secretary of State for the Territory to start a collaboration with prof. ing. Maurizio Crispino of the Politecnico di Milano for the launch and implementation of the “Safe Roads” project as well as for the preparation, in addition to a regulation dedicated to materials coming from the reuse of asphalt, of special specifications containing the characteristics of materials and techniques to be used for the remaking and maintenance of the road pavement;
– That on 13 September 2022 the Secretary Canti declared in the press that the UniRSM through the collaboration established with the Company on the subject of road maintenance, in addition to not dealing with the best technologies on road maintenance interventions to be regulated with specific legislation, “Has no competence within the AASLP”;
– That on 15 September the Magnificent Rector of the UniRSM Corrado Petrocelli through a press release recorded with amazement and disappointment the repeated disparaging and unfounded declarations of the Secretary Canti about the collaboration between AASLP and UniRSM, highlighting the presence of “substantial letters” sent to the Secretariat of State containing numerous considerations, counter-arguments and clarifications accompanied by the relative documentation to which no response has been given;
– That on 21 September 2022 the UniRSM gave evidence through a press release of the important collaborations established on the subject of road maintenance with numerous neighboring local administrations, of the consultancy on the same topic for prestigious projects related to the recycling and reuse of materials as well as of the collaboration with the most important Italian realities and universities;
the importance of the relationships and synergies between the San Marino institutions (among which the UniRSM is characterized as absolute excellence) and the need to research and enhance these collaborations with a view to the wider impact of the beneficial effects of the on the territory of the Republic of San Marino;
that such synergies must be based on the best effectiveness of the action of the institutions in compliance with the principles of economy and efficiency as well as in compliance with eco-sustainability criteria;
from the events summarily listed in the introduction the need to ascertain the aforementioned principles and criteria,
they question the Government
– To receive a copy of all the agreements signed starting from 2016 between the UniRSM and the AASLP;
– To receive a copy of the agreements signed between AASLP and AASS regarding road maintenance and road repair works following interventions on underground utilities and the like;
– To receive a copy of the report of the AASLP Director referred to in the Deliberations of the State Congress n.35 of 16/02/2022 and n.31 of 02/05/2022;
– To find out if the UniRSM has provided for the rotation of the members of the ERMES Didactics and Research Center as per the mandate of the State Congress referred to in resolution no.31 of 2/05/2022;
– To find out if via Cella Bella is in the historic center of the city of San Marino;
– To find out if the same via Cella Bella has been subject to maintenance interventions during the validity of the agreements signed between UniRSM and AASLP and, if so, for what type of intervention and for which extensions;
– To receive a copy of the “Safe Roads” project as per the resolution of the State Congress n. 29 of 07/25/2022, with particular reference, but not limited to, to the drawings, technical documents, specifications and forecast expenditure plans for the complete implementation of the project;
– To receive a copy of the “substantial letters” sent by the Magnificent Rector of UniRSM to the Secretariat to the Territory including any allegations referred to in the press release dated 15 September 2022 and, more generally, all documents and letters that may have occurred in subsequent replies among the interlocutors (UniRSM, AASLP and Secretariat).
A written response is required.