Cardiology is seen as a top priority among other areas of medicine, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t face major delays. The parties discussed in XXVI about paying attention to them.
You read ten as part of a paid subscription. Your subscription is active
The XXVI International Congress of the Polish Cardiac Society began on September 22. The meeting of Polish cardiologists lasted until September 24. After the official performance of the PTK Congress, an expert, organizational and organizational debate took place. The discussion focused on diminished performance and problem solving in several cardiology.
Ischemic heart disease – still dangerous for Polish patients
Experts agreed that Poland still has a high level of safety of mortality with a contribution to the content – you have introduced you to the state to risk at a level where I like the European Union. Since 2015, the expected number of life has been controlled in the national background, and this indicator has started to decline without taking care of it. coronary heart disease remains the most important of the leading causes of mortality. Ischemic stroke is in second place.
– According to the data of the National Health Fund, the number of the newest ischemic patients due to the new service has improved the level of approx. 1 million. The drop of ten takes place in the main one in POZ, where there will probably be a drop of more than 50%. In hospital treatment, it is less by approx. 20-30 percent. (…) We are at the forefront of Europe when it comes to the fact that cardiologists and achievement to a cardiologist, achievement in small towns and in rural areas. As for the situation, the coronograph is also pretty good. They are still ahead of the competition when it comes to the availability of new coronary angioplasty, he said prof. dr hab. n. med. Mariusz Gąsior, head of the 3rd Department and Clinical Department of Cardiology at the Medical University of Silesia.
As reported by prof. Sick geese with ischemic heart. As of September 15, 2022, if you want to have a request for hospitalization in a cardiology department, it is very high – it is planned both ways from approx. 5 months to several days, within an urgent 20-30 days to days to shared days checkpoints that are up to date.
– The program turned out to be a great success, thanks to the KTO, it equates to the lethal number of rehospitalisations in the fourth heart. In the year 68,000 cases of heart attack were recorded. For the KOS-Zawał program in the room of 14,000 patients. This is only a quarter of the sick – noted prof. Ridge tile.
He pointed out that in the national edition it is still strongly encouraged to demonstrate references to coronary risk factors: type typical type, or arterial hypertension. Its early emphasis should be on secondary and primary prevention. High hopes of cardiologists Cardiovascular Diseases Program, which provided work that complemented that progress was made in the preparation of prevention and prophylaxis.
READ ALSO: Prof. Hryniewiecki: time to ensure cardiological organization, effectiveness of prophylaxis and prevention
Treatment of heart disease – Europe has overtaken Poland
Does Poland treat patients with structural diseases with systems at the security control level to that of the European one? Like you dr hab. n. med. Marek Grygier, prof. UM – Employees of the Association of Sero-Vascular Intervention – health, heart health, a novelty from the cardiological point of view, thanks to which technology to improve and improve the situation of patients, the possibility of intervening recently.
– In the common number of cases, when there is a possibility of intervention, it is very much. Procedures for closing ASD (atrial septal defect – atrial septal defect) and PFO (patent for the oval – patent foramen ovale) and VSD (ventricular septal defect – ventricular septal defect) It seems that as one of the few things that have problems with access to procedures are well financed by the National Health Fund. However, we still have a problem with the fact that he cotests too small patients for these procedures, this applies to patients after a stroke of unexplained etiology. In 2021, we made 1050 such projects, which means an increase compared to the year, but the needs are not exhausted – prof. Grygier.
This is an expert in perceiving educational activities. As she added, the more complicated method of interventional cardiology led in the proceedings of the few. These include, for example, planned procedures of a coronary fistula or paravalvular leaks. These treatments are also not properly funded. Although the records still fix the left ears before I rose to the level of the unfilled level, they remain sufficient: in 2021, about 630 like them (which means an increase of 40% by 2020).
We are preparing an expert newsletter prepared in cooperation with cardiologists
Required once a month
– Very important behavior related to scheduling setting. (…) The spectrum of valves is very wide: what appears in the world is also available in Poland. Despite the recent price hike, the plans are underfunded and, due to the state of finance and logistics, the results achieved with these procedures are limited to their expenses. (…) In 2021, represent 55 treatments per million. (…) Europe has gone away for us – in 2020 in systems prepared on the basis of 140 forecast meters – prepared reports of prof. Grygier.
Approach treatments to date in 15 cardiology cardiology. Financing and their high costs remain the main barrier. The result is that a small number of patients still remain, despite the obvious indications, can be subjected to this method. Prof. Grygier is testing that the procedures at the triple inspection are financed by the National Health Fund: in 2021, only 5 such procedures were carried out in the country, the star was only 11 procedures.
Intensive cardiac therapy is waiting for a breakthrough
Intensive Cardiology (ITK) is integrated into an interdisciplinary field that covers a broad spectrum of knowledge that evolves to achieve priority in the cost priority area. Europe still lacks an education system with a unified cardiology system. A widespread action – also in Poland – a model in which intensive therapy is implemented as hyper-specialization after association. This has been the case in Poland since 2013.
– Situation including. It is very hard. Doctors specializing in anesthesiology and trial therapy have about 4,000 in Poland, about 3,000 are undergoing training. 1,200 people have turned 65 and are still working in the profession. For every 100,000 inhabitants there are about 15 anesthesiologists on average. The worst situation is in the Subcarpathian dispute, where this ratio is 10 per 100,000 inhabitants. According to the order of the minister of health from 2016, in each multidisciplinary hospital there will be less than 2 percent empty space. In Europe, 5% in the issuance of a forensic physician, up to 15% in specialist ones. At the same time little to spend 2 percent. – Sent prof. dr hab. n. med. Agnieszka Tycińska from the Department and Clinics of Cardiology, Medical University of Bialystok.
However, it is obligatory to apply to this position in order to introduce the employment standard (one anaesthesiologist per position) and to provide ITK services with permanent funding for ICU services. Prof. Tycin’s analysis that the problem remains the lack of nurses. PTK develops a training program for nurses – based on the procedures based on the operating procedures of the management procedures, there is no need to facilitate the management procedure in the management.
– CMKP agreed to patronize this training – prof. Tycińska.
The needs in the field of electrotherapy and electrophy were discussed by the president of the Polish Cardiac Society prof. dr hab. Przemysław Mitkowski, med. Much of low quality to the limitations with which it is low in other areas of cardiology: first of all to high quality and the lack of current recommendations, low recommendation with clinical practice, drug reimbursement issues and medical procedures.
Barrier and desire in electrotherapy and electrophysiology:
- Lifting the limit on procedures
- Introducing new technologies and procedure
- Evolution of the “old” price list
- Create a time frame for reimbursement decisions
The whole report will soon be published in Puls Medycyny.
READ ALSO: Prof. Witkowski: Staff shortages may become a barrier to the implementation of the National Program of Cardiovascular Diseases