The high petrol and diesel prices present many commuters with major financial challenges. With cave Climate tickets Salzburg as a job ticket Is there an alternative: Companies can provide their employees with the job ticket as a tax-privileged ticket for the route between home and work. Companies and organizations voluntarily support their workforce with a public transport ticket for the way to work as a tax-free benefit in kind. In this way, both the companies and the employees make a contribution to climate protection. In addition, the Salzburg climate tickets are also valid during leisure time in the entire province of Salzburg.
This is to be considered with the climate ticket as a job ticket:
- Employers can voluntarily make the job ticket available to all employees tax-free without incurring wage tax, ancillary wage costs or social security contributions.
- Companies can claim the job ticket as a business expense.
- The job ticket is an additional service provided by the company and may not be offset against the salary previously paid (conversion of salary).
- With the Klimaticket Salzburg job ticket for a certain period of time, the employee is not entitled to a commuter flat rate. This period must be noted on the payslip and in the payroll account. A commuter flat rate can still be claimed for that part of the route for which no Salzburg climate ticket/job ticket is available or for which no public transport is used (e.g. for getting to the train station). If part of the job ticket is paid for by employees, the costs can be claimed up to the amount of the commuter allowance for the entire journey to work.
There are four Salzburg climate tickets to choose from as a job ticket:
- The Salzburg climate ticket for €365.
- The Salzburg PLUS climate ticket for €465, whereby the transferable ticket must be agreed with the employer. A second person travels for free on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The Salzburg PLUS climate ticket is transferrable and can also be borrowed. It is also possible for the employee to pay the difference privately and thus receive this transferable variant.
- The Salzburg U26 climate ticket for everyone under 26 for €274,
- The Salzburg special climate ticket for people with disabilities for €274.
The tickets are valid on all forms of public transport in the entire province of Salzburg, regardless of whether it’s a trolleybus, bus or train – and that also during leisure time. It is possible to issue international tickets to Upper Austria and Bavaria. The zone purchase price per zone is €100, with the variants U26 and Spezial the surcharge is €75 per zone.