On the night of Friday, the couple Stian Tønnessen and Justyna Wiecheckha-Graczyk were woken up and thrown out of the hotel. Now the couple is stranded in Turkey.
The couple from Tønsberg were supposed to enjoy a well-deserved week-long holiday in Alanya in Turkey, but it was cut short, despite the fact that they were not going home until next Friday.
Chaos with Detour
The pair of one of the many tourists who have recently experienced problems with the tour operator Detur. Several flights have been canceled and many are being rebooked to earlier flights home.
The tour operator would have loved to help them get home as quickly as possible. First they were told that they were booked on a flight to Billund in Denmark.
– But we never received any confirmation, says Tønnessen.
They then received several promises to return from Alanya.
– They said there was nothing available, so it only became more trouble for us.
For two days I paid for the hotel in Alanya out of my own pocket, even though they had paid for the package tour in advance.
– We didn’t know what to do. It has been incredibly stressful and chaotic days, he says to TV 2.
Tønessen and Wiecheckha-Graczyk told TV 2 about the eviction and interrupted holiday. A lot of people got it.
– We were contacted by some nice people back home from Norway, asking if we could borrow their private apartment for the rest of our holiday, says Tønessen on the phone on Sunday morning.
– We were very happy and overwhelmed. They saved our holiday, he says.
The apartment of the couple from Bergen is located in Avsallar, a small seaside resort on the Turkish south coast, between the major destinations of Side and Alanya.
– It is real luxury. It is a large apartment with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and balcony. In addition, private swimming pool.
Today they have bathed and relaxed.
– It is very nice here, so we have nothing more to complain about, says Tønessen.
Flight tickets on your own
Detur has previously stated that they are canceling the entire remainder of the 2022 charter season.
– Due to these changes in the organization and in the organisation’s processes, production and operational activities will be temporarily put on hold for a period of time, they wrote an email to TV 2.
The couple have booked new tickets home – via Gothenburg next Friday. They are incredibly grateful that strangers stand up for them.
– There are wonderful people. It is not often that you get such offers.
When the couple is back in Tønsberg, they plan to show some respect to those who gave their holiday back. But now they will put the Detur chaos behind them, and just enjoy lazy days in the sun.