The usual fireworks display on national holidays on August 20, due to works, but due to the preparation day, pedestrian traffic on the Erzsébet bridge was already restricted the day before, and the Szabadság bridge is completely closed to pedestrians.
On August 20, in the afternoon and late evening, road and surface public transport will be restricted in the area bounded by Margit híd–Kiskörút–Petőfi híd–Alkotás utca, the affected flights will run according to the modified traffic schedule. More significant traffic restrictions should be expected on the Lánchíd utca–Várkert wharf route, in the Buda Castle and on the Műegyetem wharf, among others.
- The Buda lower wharf between Rákóczi Bridge and Margit Bridge will be closed until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, August 22, and from August 22-25. between 22:00 every night and 6:00 the next morning.
- The Pest lower quay between Közraktár utca and Lánchíd will be closed on Friday, August 19, from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on August 22, and between 10:00 p.m. on August 22 and 6:00 a.m. the following day.
- In the Buda Castle, due to festive events until August 22, continuous restrictions are to be expected: Tárnok Street has been closed, and it is not possible to enter the Castle District from Dísz Square.
- Lánchíd utca and Várkert wharf were closed from 5 p.m. until the evening of Monday, August 22.
- Andrássy ute at the Kodály roundabout will be closed on Thursday, August 18, from 10:00 p.m. to Friday, 4:00 a.m., and on Friday, August 19, between 6:00 p.m. and midnight.
- The southbound section of the Műeyetem wharf, between Szent Gellért tér and Bertalan Lajos utca, has been closed since August 16. On August 20 and 21 (Saturday and Sunday), the University of Technology wharf will be closed in its entirety.
- On August 20, from 16:00, significant traffic restrictions within the section affected by Margit híd–Szent István körút–Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út–Károly körút–Kossuth Lajos utca–Szabad sajtó utca–Erzsébet híd–Kristina körút–Vérmező út–Margit körút , closures are expected. It is expected that the Erzsébet Bridge and the Freedom Bridge will be closed from 19:00, but based on the authority’s decision, the traffic of the Petőfi Bridge and the Margit Bridge may also be restricted.