An exam passed for the umpteenth time with full marks, from which to draw the push to immediately look ahead moved by the desire to write a page of history. “We are very satisfied, because once again the International Tennis have confirmed to be an important event for San Marino – he underlines Cristiano Forcellini, president of the San Marino Tennis Federation, the event of the final balance in the track just gone into the archive, much followed by the public and to which also the protagonists themselves in a particular way. It is an event, I will never tire of saying it proudly enough, all San Marino from an organizational point of view. The public responded in a splendid way: we recorded about 10 thousand visitors overall during the whole week and it is a significant figure. Personally I am really happy: this event has shown its full potential, which is not only sporting, but also of a tourist nature ”.
The final stages of the tournament have overcome how the Cassa di Risparmio Tennis Center is a stadium capable of hosting major events. “This plant is a flagship of our country – says Forcellini -. We are doing everything possible to make every space available and with the best usability. Compliments came from the players for the structure. Returning to the Centrale, many envy us: not everyone has an arena with almost three thousand seats, which can easily host an ATP Tour250 event, as has already happened in the past ”.
Even the director of the tournament has something to smile about in the budget, Alessandro Costa, focusing on the technical aspects. “In the press conference he was involved in the participation of some Italian Next Gens and Matteo Arnaldi responded present, going as far as the final – declares Costa, from Rome but personally involved in the staff of the Internazionali for more than years since Tuesday 9 August l ‘honor of the Grand Magisterium of Sant’Agata – The young man from Sanremo is having an incredible year and I am pleased because he is a very good boy, to whom we wish to retrace the deeds of the Danish Holger Rune, winner here in 2021 and now among the top 30 in the world. Just twelve months ago Kotov had been the revelation, as a lucky loser he went up to the quarters fighting with Cecchinato. The two found themselves facing each other this time in the semifinals and Marco came very close to winning again, before accusing a blackout that cost him the game. This situation gave energy and morale to the Russian, who in the final was able to make him a balanced match, decided by a few points. A reason for satisfaction are the appreciation of the players, ATP supervisor and insiders towards the services we offer and the organization as a whole, defined by themselves at the height of a major circuit tournament. Furthermore, not a secondary aspect in terms of visibility and image return to the country, we guaranteed four days of live coverage of the matches on Rai Sport and San Marino Rtv, television coverage that no Challenger enjoys “.
Now the mind is already on the 2023 edition. “We will celebrate the thirtieth anniversary, an anniversary that is anything but promised for a sporting event, for which the Federation and the institutions themselves want to do something important. From the news in our possession – says Christian Forcellini – a revolution is coming for the rules of the challengers and the ATP World Tour, which should be made official after the US Open, so we wait to understand what will happen. We intend to make the tournament grow and I think that next year is the right opportunity to do so and a prominent place in the ATP by bringing great tennis back to San Marino ”.