Mahinder from “Norway’s fittest”
He is known from “Norway’s fittest” – his daughter Mini was part of a big TV success
Mahinder Naveen from “Norway’s fittest” is the oldest in the family, but follows in his daughter’s and grandson’s footsteps by becoming a TV celebrity.
In “Norway’s fittest”, Mahinder Kumar Naveen (73) charms the TV viewers with his gentle nature. In the competition against nine other pensioners, he throws himself into bone-chilling exercises – a great inspiration for both old and young.
But when the yoga enthusiast was first asked, he was skeptical about taking part in the TV 2 series.
– I declined at first, but my eldest daughter persuaded me to join. She thought it was funny that the program would be made in Norway for the very first time and motivated me to say yes. But I had to go several rounds with myself.
– It is a great compliment to be asked to participate in a program called “Norway’s fittest”. Now I see the participation as something very positive, smiles the fit pensioner.
Also read: 10 pensioners aged 68 to 77 have gathered to compete in the new TV 2 program “Norway’s fittest”
Participant in “Norway’s fittest”
Mahinder Kumar Naveen:
Al: 73 years
Residence: Stovner in Oslo
Spouse: Nilam Naveen
Barn: Mala Wang-Naveen (45), Mini Naveen-Saugdahl (41) and Neha Håbu-Naveen (35)
Known from: “Norway’s fittest” on TV 2
After Mahinder came from India to Norway as an adult, he has lived at Stovner in Oslo with his wife Nilam Naveen (70).
The daughters Mala Wang-Naveen (45), Mini Naveen-Saugdahl (41) and Neha Håbu-Naveen (35) have long since moved out – and today the family has expanded with three beautiful sons-in-law and five beautiful grandchildren (a sixth is on the way ). ).
Here and Now, parts of the extended family meet for a pleasant picnic in St. Hanshaugen park in the middle of the capital.
– Dad has always been sporty. He is very good at walking and does yoga, but when he told us he was going to be part of “Norway’s fittest”, we said: “Are you sure about that? Do you know what you’ve agreed to now?”, says youngest daughter Neha with a good laugh.
Today, the daughters are clearly proud of their fit father.
– He called on the way and said that there were great stresses. Nevertheless, he has been so positive throughout, has shown a real willingness to stand up and said: “I will manage this”. It has been so easy to root for him. He does not give up, and that has been very inspiring, smiles Mini, who is his middle daughter.
Mahinder and the other participants did not know anything about the competitions in “Norway’s Fittest” in advance, and expected games and simple exercises that were adapted to people in their 70s. However, it did not turn out that way.
– On the first day of the competition, I just thought: “My God!”. I got the biggest shock of my life. But it will make good TV, says the 73-year-old and laughs.
Also read: Kirsti from “Norway’s fittest”: – Had I known, I might have declined
“The Seven Sisters Family Saga” and “Bablo”
Although Mahinder is the eldest in the family, he is now following in the footsteps of his children and grandchildren when it comes to being on TV. In the years 1996 to 2000, the daughter Mini was seen in TV 2’s popular soap series “Famiagaen De syv søstre”, where she played the role of Zobia Shah. Today, her granddaughter Naomi Naveen-Saugdahl (8) is one of the actors in the TV series “Bablo” on NRK Super.
– Dad is tough who ventures into the limelight now, but it is typical of him not to let age stop him – and it is very fun that the family’s TV career is being extended, smiles Mini.
In the 90s, she really got to know the huge popularity of the soap opera.
– I couldn’t go anywhere without people pointing, turning or singing the series’ theme song. I was playing a Pakistani girl, and there weren’t that many minorities on TV back then – so it was quite ground-breaking. When I tell my children that I used to be a celebrity, they reply: “Yes, yes, especially.”
– I eventually gave up in front of the camera, but it is very funny that she has also chosen to become an actress. She found out that she wanted to try it herself, without me pushing her to do it, smiles Mini.
Read also: (+) My sister was dead honest with me. She gave me something to think about
Authors Mala and Neha
Daughters Mala and Neha have both published several novels and children’s books.
– We are a creative family. I am proud of all of them. Family means everything to me. It has first priority in my life. If I haven’t seen them for a while, I call and say: “Now we have to meet.” Fortunately, we see each other often. They are busy with work and their lives, but we always find time to meet. As soon as they go away for a week on holiday, I miss them, says Mahinder.
The likeable “Norway’s fittest” participant is having a great time with his family on a picnic in the park, and it is easy to see that the love is reciprocated from those closest to him.
– He is very dedicated as a father. He is the one we all three daughters call when we need help. It is always supported to pick up from dad, no matter what it is. Dad is always there for us whether it’s sadness or joy. He is our best friend as well as our father. He is a real safe haven for us three daughters, and a good playmate for the grandchildren, Mini and Neha conclude.