Largely dominating, Paris Saint-Germain logically beat Montpellier (5-2), this Saturday, during the 2nd day of Ligue 1. Once again carried by a very good Neymar, the capital club continues its start to the season perfect.
Neymar at Tincelant in the Park.
Three games, three cards. After Nantes and Clermont, Montpellier was corrected by Paris Saint-Germain (5-2), this Saturday, during the 2nd day of Ligue 1. Very clearly above, the champion of France strolled in the Parc des Princes thanks in particular to a sparkling Neymar once again.
The cracked Omlin wall
The Hraultais sent a very clear message to the Parisians: the bus will be parked in front of the Omlin goal. A minimalist and risky tactic in the face of such an armada which involved seriousness at all times. After a first alert from Neymar, the visitors ended up making a mistake with a hand from Ferri. Penalty for Mbappé… who lost his duel with Omlin. The Swiss goalkeeper, author of a magnificent save, once again pulled out all the stops with a free kick from Messi.
Over the minutes, the Montpellier wall crumbled. Very interesting between the lines, Messi once again warmed up the gloves of the Swiss goalkeeper. Technically comfortable, the Parisians did not rush. And they were right. On a high recovery sign Hakimi, Mbappé, little success so far, centered hard in front of goal, where Sacko scored in his own goal wishing to clear (1-0, 39th). On the street, the Malian conceded a penalty for a hand, giving Neymar the opportunity to double the lead (2-0, 43rd).
Neymar on top, Sanches express, Donnarumma below
On returning from the locker room, even Omlin got down to it. On a bad raise, Hakimi saw his center blocked land on the head of Neymar, scorer at the near post (3-0, 51st). Intense pressure, good occupation of the field, Paris hovered. Before decompressing. On a harmless action, Khazri dove behind Kimpembe’s back to save the honor after a stoppage by Donnarumma (3-1, 58th). A short-lived joy for the MHSC, which conceded a new goal from Mbappé, the reception of a corner from Neymar (4-1, 69th).
Hungry, the Brazilian striker continued to ride from one side of the field to the other to make differences. Efforts that were almost rewarded at the end of the game after a sumptuous action, but the goal was disallowed for an offside by Kimpembe. The Park could nevertheless end the party thanks to Renato Sanches, who on his first ball with PSG, found the skylight on a perfect service from Nuno Mendes (5-1, 88th). The nice goal of Tchato after additional time (5-2, 90th + 2), anecdotal, will not spoil the evening for Parisian fans.
Match score: 8/10
A pleasant match followed despite Montpellier’s lack of attacking momentum. Unlike last season, PSG were serious from start to finish, trying to hurt their opponent from the first to the last minute. This gave a lively meeting with many chances in a festive Parc des Princes.
The goals :
– Hakimi recovered a ball after a bad transmission from Savanier. The Moroccan serves in front of him Mbappé, who crosses hard in front of the goal. In wanting to get away, Sacko panics and deceives Omlin (1-0, 39th).
– In the box, Messi tries to get rid of Sacko, who commits a handball. Penalty for Neymar, who slips the ball low to the ground on the right of Omlin, left left (2-0, 43rd).
– Omlin returns the ball to Hakimi, who plays one-two with Mbappé. The Moroccan sees his center being blocked by Sainte-Luce but Neymar is there, at the near post, to dive and score with a header (3-0, 51st).
– On a cross from the left, the ball ricochets in the area and allows Wahi, which forces Donnarumma to relax on his right. On the lookout, Khazri dives behind Kimpembe to deceive the Italian goalkeeper with a left foot from close range (3-1, 58′).
– On a left corner, Neymar crosses to the near post, or Ferri extends the ball with his head. At the reception, Mbappé, who stretches his foot in front of Sainte-Luce to score close to the post (4-1, 69th).
– Neymar shifts Nuno Mendes to the left side. The Portuguese left-back provokes Tchato and crosses low to the ground at the near post, where Sanches, on his first ball, finds the skylight with a shot from the left foot (5-1, 88th).
– On a nice opening from Fayad, Tchato escapes Mendes and Kimpembe and crosses a heavy shot under the bar in the right corner of Donnarumma (5-2, 90th + 2).
Maxifoot assigned a commented note (out of 10) to each player.
Man of the match: Neymar (9/10)
The people demand the new Neymar. The people have the new Neymar. Constant pressure, omnipresence in the game, the Brazilian striker has the desire to make up for all these lost years. Easy in his ability to combine, he fought from start to finish and was rewarded with a double, including a penalty. A high-level performance for the Auriverde, also the origin of the fourth but with a corner extended by Ferri for Mbappé and the fifth achievement with a lag for Nuno Mendes. Released to cheers from the Parc des Princes. Replace the 90th minute with Hugo Ekitike (no).
To come: discover the notes and comments on the players of PARIS SG, updated in a few moments…
To come: discover the notes and comments on the players of MONTPELLIER, updated in a few moments…
+ Find the results and the classification of Ligue 1 on Maxifoot
And for you, who were the best and worst players of the match? Comment in the “comments” box below!
PARIS SG 5-2 MONTPELLIER (mid-time: 2-0) – FRANCE – Ligue 1 / 2nd day
Stadium: Parc des Princes, Paris – Referee: Willy Delajod, France
But : F. Sacko (39th, csc) Neymar (43rd, pen.) Neymar (51st) K. Mbapp (69th) Renato Sanches (87th) for PARIS SG – W. Khazri (58th) E. Tchato (90+2nd) for MONTPELLIER