The ruby from Voinești | The Norwegians and the British check the debts of the Republic of Moldova
What were the top stories in the online media in the last 24 hours and what media topics generated the most interest on the networks? Find out in the morning at Free Europe.
Moldovan press news
- As long as the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant is under the control of the Russians, both Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova must be prepared for the worst. grim scenario, warns the adviser to the Ukrainian president, Mihailo Podoleak. The largest nuclear power plant in Europe is now controlled by the Russians, who are poorly prepared and store munitions on the site of the plant without understanding the danger. Under these conditions, there is a risk of nuclear leaks, warns the Ukrainian adviser in an interview in Moldova1, quoted by IPN.
- The alleged chief prosecutor of the separatist Transnistrian region is criminally investigated by the prosecutor’s office for special cases (PCCOCS) from Chisinau, writes the Zona de Securitate portal. Anatoli Guretski is being investigated for illegal deprivation of liberty and usurpation of official qualities. He initiated in the Transnistrian region or alleged law to punish those who complain in national or international courts about the abuses committed in the region. Guretski is one of the most active promoters of Transnistrian separatism, and the most resounding file in which this trial is against the former president of the separatist regions Evgeni Shevciuk, Guretki being the one who asked to withdraw this immunity as a deputy in the so-called Soviet . supreme from Tiraspol.
- The Norwegians and the British will hear the debt of the Republic of Moldova against the Russian concern Gazprom, notes the economic portal Mold-Street. The Public Property Agency signed a contract with the two companies that will audit the debtors for the natural gas consumed by those on the right bank of the Dniester until January 2023. An audit of the debtors was discussed last year, when the delivery contract was extended . of natural gas between Moldovagaz and Gazprom. The debt of natural gas consumers on the right bank is estimated at 800 million dollars, and the data of the Transnistrian region would reach more than 7 billion dollars. Some experts say that the audit could show that the Republic of Moldova would have paid more for gas, and that Gazprom would actually owe Chisinau.
- From October, the Republic of Moldova and Romania will be able to do so electricity exchange, after the electricity transmission companies Transelectrica and Moldelectrica signed a contract in this regard, Radio Chisinau reports. Earlier, in March, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine synchronized their electricity systems with the European one.
- Subsidies for agriculture from Moldova that the authorities have planned are insufficient. The 89 million euros to help the sector would be a ridiculous amount, claim several farmers and former heads of agriculture, who also say that at least 300 million euros would be needed. The representatives of the Ministry of Agriculture told the Agora portal that the Fund for agricultural subsidies could be increased with money from the European Union next year, once the Republic of Moldova has the status of a candidate country for joining the EU bloc.
The topics discussed on the networks in the last 24 hours
- The disaster caused by the storm from Tuesday in Chisinau is in the top of Facebook views. TV8’s news about trees downed by the storm and streets turned into rivers is among the most read.
- On Facebook, Free Europe’s news about Stuhna anti-tank missilesmanufactured in Ukraine, which destroy Russian armored units.
- On the Moldovan Instagram, the news from moldova.org about the new cultivated walnut variety in the Republic of Moldova. The ruby, as it is called, was selected and developed at the Voinești Nursery, in Hâncești, it has already been included in the Catalog of Plant Varieties from Romania and will be included in the similar catalog from the Republic of Moldova.