By Adrian Filoche
Because of a pollution peak expected on Friday August 12, 2022, the Metropolis of Rouen sets up free public transport throughout the day. Validation is therefore not necessary to travel on all the lines of the network Trick.
Ozone concentrations and poor air quality
“This Friday, August 12, the air quality index will be poor over the entire region due to ozone concentrations”, notes Atmo Normandy. For its part, the Seine-Maritime prefecture has decreed an information-recommendation procedure, i.e. level 1 alert.
“This episode of pollution is attributable to meteorological conditions conducive to the formation of ozone in the atmosphere (strong sunshine and high temperatures)”, further specifies the prefecture.
Do’s and Don’ts
Here is the advice provided by the state:
- Choose shorter outings and those that require the least effort;
- Avoid outings during the afternoon when the sun is at its maximum;
- Avoid intense physical and sports activities (which require breathing through the mouth) outdoors, including competitions; those of low intensity indoors can be maintained;
- Take advice from your doctor to find out if your medical treatment should be adapted if necessary;
- In case of respiratory or cardiac discomfort, seek advice from a health professional.
A matter of alert level
With regard to transport Le Havre on August 12, free admission has not yet been announced since only alert level 1 has been decreed by the prefecture. “Transport is free when level 2 is unlocked”, specifies the urban community Le Havre Seine metropolis.
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow 76actu in the My News space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.