O The Casino de Lisboa hosts, from Thursday to Saturday, at 10 pm, several shows ranging from tribute bands, circus shows to flamenco and DJ performances, with free admission until the 27th of August.
On Thursday, August 11th, the band ‘Simply The Best’ – winner of the 2nd edition of the X Factor in Portugal, composed by vocalist Kika Cardoso, guitarist Pedro Ricardo, Francisco Madeira on keys, Vitor Machado on bass and David Sequeira on drums – will perform a tribute to Tina Turner.
On August 18th, it will be the turn of the tribute band ‘The Fly’ – composed by vocalist Tiago ‘Bono’ Barbosa, Tiago ‘The Edge’ Pimentel, André ‘Mullen Jr’ Santos and Ricardo ‘Clayton’ Ramos – which will pay tribute to the ‘U2’.
Upcoming tribute band ‘The Great Gig’, with eight members, will be present on August 25th, to “recreate the spirit and indelible legacy” of ‘Pink Floyd’.
As for the circus performances, they will take place on Friday at 11:25 pm and 12:40 am. Starting on August 12, Mónica Alves and Miguel Tira-Picos “show the aesthetic beauty of two bodies that are in pure complicity”, reveals the organization in a statement to the envoy. News by the Minute.
On the 19th, the ‘Duo Opa’ will perform a Roller Skating performance, the skate duo will “defy gravity with their big and big numbers”, a demonstration of superhuman balance, strength and flexibility.
The debut of flamenco at the Casino de Lisboa will be starring Rafael Campallo, from August 26th and 27th, at 10:30 pm. In 1996, the artist joined the Andalusian Dance Company and, in 1999, won the Desplante Award at the Cante de las Minas International Festival.
Program from Thursday to Saturday:
– August 11th: Simply the Best Band – Tina Turner Tribute
– August 12th: Circus Performances – Combined Forces with Mónica Alves and Miguel Tira-Picos
– August 13: DJ Bruno Safara
– August 14: DJ Al
– August 18: The Fly Band – U2 Tribute
– August 19th: Circus Performances – Roller Skating – Duo Opa
– August 20th: DJ Luis Patraquim
– August 25th: The Great Gig Band – Pink Floyd Tribute
– August 26: Flamenco – Rafael Campallo
– August 27: Flamenco – Rafael Campallo and later DJ Nery
Also Read: Alcobaça Music Festival doubled the number of spectators