COPENHAGEN / OSLO (Dagbladet): Three people are dead and others seriously injured after the mass shooting at a shopping center in Copenhagen on Sunday afternoon
Among the injured is a Swedish 16-year-old. She was going to a Harry Styles concert with a friend on Sunday, writes Swedish Kristianstadsbladet.
– They have to take out the splinter and the bullet, she says to the newspaper, while she is in hospital in Denmark with her mother.
At 11 o’clock, the police report that a total of 30 people are injured after the attack, including the 16-year-old and three others who have gunshot wounds. Of these four, one is in critical condition.
– Heard a smell
She tells the newspaper that she and her friend wanted to buy something to eat before the concert. But that they only managed to be there a few minutes before they started to see people running up the escalators.
– But when I came down the escalator, just before a corner, I felt heat and heard a smell. Then I understood that I had been attacked, she tells the newspaper.
– I turned my head and I saw the perpetrator for a few seconds.
Friend not injured
The friends have since separated from each other, but the 16-year-old managed to get out of the mall. There she got help from Danes who tried to stop the blood and alerted the ambulance.
The 16-year-old’s friend came out of the incident unharmed.
A 22-year-old ethnic Danish man has been arrested after the incident, and has been charged with murder. The man will be produced for custody on Monday.
It was at 5.30 pm on Sunday evening that the suspected perpetrator started firing in the Field’s shopping center in Copenhagen, and at 5.48 pm the suspected perpetrator was arrested.
– The dead are a 17-year-old Danish man, a 17-year-old Danish woman and a 47-year-old man with Russian citizenship, but living in Denmark.
This is what the chief police inspector in the Copenhagen police, Søren Thomassen, says at a press conference on Monday morning.
– There are very many who are affected, says Thomassen.
Police say that 20 people were slightly injured in the riots that occurred inside Field’s in connection with the shooting.
– In addition, three have been treated on the spot for possible stray shots, and then to be transported home, they write in a press release.