Call for Applications: World Forum for Democracy 2022 – Youth Delegation (Fully Funded to Strasbourg, France)￼
Registration deadline: August 2, 2022 CET 1:00 p.m. (1:00 p.m.)
The World Forum for Democracy is a unique platform for policy makers and activists to debate solutions to key challenges for democracies around the world. By identifying and analyzing experimental initiatives and practices, the Forum highlights and encourages grassroots democratic innovations and their transfer to a systemic level in order to strengthen the foundations of democratic societies. The Forum thus contributes to the evolution of democracy towards greater participation and
inclusive structures and institutions.
The World Forum for Democracy 2022, the tenth edition, will debate the issues and generate new ideas to deal with the democratic crisis we face today.
The theme of the 2022 edition of the World Forum for Democracy is “Democracy: a new hope?
The main content of the Forum will consist of discussions on successful initiatives and actions, which have real initiatives as a starting point. General guiding principles will then be developed to encourage and support future policy responses and actions on the ground. In this context, the The Youth Department will invite 50-60 young people to participate and engage with decision makers and opinion makers in a reflection on the issue of Democracy and Information.
In order to be selected and participate in the 2022 Global Forum, young applicants must:
▪ Be between 18 and 30 years old (exceptions can be made in specific cases);
▪ Ability to communicate and work in English;
▪ Be actively involved in democratic initiatives of civil society;
▪ Be motivated to contribute to the development of new ideas on youth and democracy;
▪ Be ready to share your own challenges in terms of democracy;
▪ Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing new ideas and visions on the question of democracy;
▪ Be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and in the upstream preparation process (ie online preparation and on-site presence in Strasbourg arriving on 4 November and departing on 10 November).
Youth representatives will be chosen based on these criteria and a video to be submitted. The Council of Europe welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the above profile, regardless of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, beliefs or their sexual orientation.
Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed on presentation of the corresponding supporting documents, in accordance with the rules of the Council of Europe. Only participants who attend the entire event (pre-Forum meeting and Global Forum) can be reimbursed. Payment will be made by bank transfer after the Global Forum. Prepaid travel tickets can only be reserved in exceptional and justified cases.
- Board and lodging are covered by the Council of Europe during the dates of the activity (arrival on Friday 4 November and departure on Thursday 10 November).
- Participants will be accommodated at the European Youth Center in Strasbourg (EYCS).
- You may be asked to share a room.
- EYCS is fully accessible to young people with disabilities and ready to adapt to the special needs of young people to ensure full integration and quality working conditions.
- Wi-Fi is available in the rooms.
All applicants must apply in 2 parts:
- A online application form to be completed via this link: https://youthapplications.coe.int/Application-forms
- A short 1 minute of video must be published on YouTube, with the link attached to the online application form (see instructions below).
The application file must be submitted online before August 2, 2022 CET 1:00 p.m. (1:00 p.m.), accompanied by a letter of support from your sending NGO/organization if appropriate. In case of technical problem with the use of the platform, please send an e-mail to youthapplications[at]coe.int
For more information: