COPENHAGEN / OSLO (Dagbladet): Several people were killed and injured after a shooting incident at the Fields shopping center in Copenhagen in Denmark at 17.36 on Sunday.
A 22-year-old ethnic Danish man has been arrested after the incident. The police are taking action against a number of places. The police do not rule out terror.
– We can not deny that this is terror, says Søren Thommassen, police inspector at the police in Copenhagen.
The police also encourage anyone who has been present or who may have put something about contacting the police.
The police inspector is interrupted by several sirens during the press conference.
– As you can hear, we are very busy now. This is a deeply tragic case.
He does not want to comment on what may be the motive for the incident, and says it is something they are investigating.
The shooting must have taken place in several places in the shopping center.
Several people have been sent to Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen in connection with the shooting.
– It was first reported that three people were hospitalized, but we can now state that an average higher price, says press officer at Rigshospitalet to Danish BT
Run for your life
Swedish Chassandra Stoltz Johannesson (18) was at a restaurant at the center when the shooting began.
– It happened just meters from where we sat. Since it’s a Harry Styles concert in the area, we first thought the crowds were running because they had put him down. But when we saw people running in pure panic, we realized the seriousness.
People ran in all directions, she says.
– We ran for our lives.
She says that people had obviously been seriously injured where they were.
– I’ve never run so fast in my life.
Massive police presence
There is a massive police force on the scene, and ambulances are still pouring into the center. There are still several people in the center, Dagbladet’s reporter observes on the spot.
Just over 8 pm, police and ambulances are still rushing to the scene in full emergency.
Jutta Just Hansen was at the cinema at the center with her daughter when the shooting took place.
– At one point, a police officer came and led us into another movie theater. Later we were helped out, and shown over to the other side.
– There were maybe 20 ambulances. Rescue vehicles, mass politics.
– While we were standing on the other side, the police shouted: «Get away».
– I was shaken and nervous. You are paralyzed, you do not know how to behave. How lucky we are to be alive, and how grotesque this is.
Copenhagen’s rapporteur Sophie H. Andersen describes the incident as very serious in a Twitter message.
– We do not yet know for sure how many were injured or dead, but it is very serious, she writes.
The rapporteur states that Copenhagen Municipality has set up a crisis team which is in close contact with the police.
– At the moment we do not have the opportunity to tell any people who have been arrested. Well, we are working to form a picture of what has happened, written in Copenhagen on Twitter.
– Wait for the police
They also ask everyone who is at the center to stay there and wait for the police.
The rest are asked to stay away. The subway has also been stopped on site.
– If you have seen, heard or filmed anything, contact the police or call 114, the Danish police report.
Danish media are informed from several sources that a massive police force is on the scene.
Heard several shots
To Danish Berlingske Tidende says eyewitness Christine Hanberg that she heard several shots at the center.
Then people started running and screaming. We were standing in the hallway, and people came running towards us, she says to BT
An unnamed eyewitness told the same newspaper that they saw a man with a rifle inside the center.
Copenhagen’s policy encourages everyone who has been to the center to contact their relatives.
The police have armed themselves outside Copenhagen Airport Kastrup, reports BT The center is located near the airport.