Between Eintracht Frankfurt and Filip Kostic, the signs are actually goodbye – actually, because apparently staying is now also possible.
Frankfurt – Filip Kostic has written an absolute success story at Eintracht Frankfurt. After difficult years at his former clubs Hamburger SV and VfB Stuttgart, he was finally able to develop his full potential at SGE and became one of the best wingers in Germany. His greatest triumph with Eintracht was just a few weeks ago when the team furiously won the Europa League and bought one of the coveted tickets for the Champions League.
His achievements are of course not hidden from other top European clubs, the 29-year-old Serb was already on the verge of jumping last summer, Italy – his great wish – was the goal. In the end it didn’t work out, Kostic stayed in Frankfurt for another year. So far this summer, the farewell has seemed inevitable as the winger is dying to experience something different again.
Eintracht Frankfurt: Juventus Turin dredges against Filip Kostic
As several media reported in mid-June, Kostic is said to be almost in agreement with Juventus Turin. At that time, however, there was no reliable offer from the Italians. Eintracht Frankfurt will achieve almost 20 million euros with bonuses. But that’s not surprising, the transfer summer is still long, the offer can still come. He turned down a contract extension that SGE had offered the winger, another sign of his departure.
A rumor is now making fans of Eintracht Frankfurt sit up and take notice. As Sky reports, Angel Di Maria is said to be about to sign with Juve. A U-turn? The 34-year-old had initially hesitated after leaving Paris Saint-Germain because he was said to have hoped for an offer from FC Barcelona. Since this didn’t happen, the old lady is obviously very popular with him.
Change from Di Maria to Juve is said to be fixed – will Filip Kostic then stay at Eintracht Frankfurt?
Should this change really go ahead, Kostic’s position at Juve would be filled. And then? Although Kostic has rejected the contract offer from Eintracht Frankfurt, should the move to Juventus Turin burst, a decision could be made to stay again. “No decision has been made yet,” said coach Oliver Glasner. Kostic still has a contract with SGE until 2023, so the fans will have to be patient. “Of course we can now talk about it every two days. On September 1, when the transfer window closes, the squad will be finalized,” said Glasner. (mb)