Received a disappointing message: – It is critical
After countless training seekers and hard work, the cheerleading team, Viqueens, from the capital qualified for the European Championships in Athens.
A group of about 100 practitioners, with sky-high expectations, ready to travel ahead of the flight which was to take place on Wednesday morning.
But then came the counter message. SAS recommended that the group cancel the flight on its own initiative.
– They guaranteed us that they would not be able to book about our group if there is a strike, says deputy head of the club, Line Randem Lein.
She describes the incident as extremely stressful.
Got strike notice
At 00.30 on Wednesday night, it was announced that the SAS pilots and SAS will postpone the mediation for three days. If the parties do not reach an agreement, about 30,000 to 45,000 passengers will be affected per day.
– The fact that adult labor conflict must ruin for young talents is sadly sad, says Randem Lein to TV 2.
Before the weekend, the group received a strike notice from the company. After that, the travel manager in the club works closely with SAS.
– In the last few days, we have had at least 15 telephone conversations daily with the company. I am adding a large number of emails, says the deputy.
As a result, the club, on recommendation, chose to cancel the first flight from Oslo Airport to Kastrup Airport in Copenhagen.
From the latter airport, the plan is to fly on with SAS to Athens.
Vice leaders and remaining parenting teams will have to throw themselves around to find other solutions.
At 10 pm on Tuesday evening, therefore, 45 performers will be driven from Viqueens by night bus to Copenhagen. The large travel group consists of 23 minors.
– It is critical for the group from 12-15 years who travel alone with only team leaders and a few coaches, says Randem Lein and adds:
– In addition, you do not get prepared or recovered in the same way after more than a day on the road.
Despite the fact that it is not yet clear whether the flight will depart on Wednesday morning or not, the deputy manager is satisfied with the decision to take the night bus.
– We just could not take the chance. It is practiced which has put forward this championship for a long time. We did not have the heart to take away that opportunity from them, says Randem Lein.