‘Istanbul Protocol and Paris Principles should be applied against torture’
IZMIR – Human rights defenders and lawyers in İzmir are concerned with the events related to the 26 June ‘Day of Solidarity with Perpetrators and Fight Against Torture’. HDP İzmir Deputy Serpil Kemalbay, who is composed of political party and non-governmental workers regarding the events in Alsancak Şehitleri Caddesi, also attended.
‘TORTURE CONTINUES WITH ALL ITS WEIGHT AND GREATNESS’
In a statement made by the institutions, HRFT General Coşkun Üsterci said that the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment dated 26 June 1987 and that the UN’s 1997 torture can be declared as “Solidarity Day with the Tortured”. Turkey’s signature is the choice of this contract. While Turkey’s historical system continued as a system as a system, he continued:
“It grows with the more authoritarianism of political power; In general, supervision, avoidance of rules and norms, review, use of procedures in aspects such as general supervision, detention periods, monitoring and uneducated use of precedent is also the most common orientation of state selection and prevention ever, orientation to direct education Trainings, for punishment, are formally implemented and applicable.
‘WE WILL CONTINUE THE FIGHT’
Mentioning the goals towards the right in the country, they emphasized that they will continue the fight against torture and stated that it is primarily for the states to foresee and prevent it. They are taken into account by those who are heavily involved in bad practices in every period of their education in Turkey. TİHV Genel Tohumer Üstünci is informed about the GGM and the trainings for their entrance to classes, the most recent example of which was in İzmir Harmandalı Stretching Center (GGM). People who are not accepted by the country are kept where they are, and violent people were drawn from their restaurants in their allegations of bad practices against refugees. Üsterci listed the following minimum demands;
– This use of the torture justification is a very serious non-punishment structure that does not reconcile with all basic education education. First of all, it is tried to join the policy of impunity, which is tried to be brought to an ordinary rule.
– All kinds of training will be subjected and applied.
– Processed as detention procedures.
– Detention zones can be shortened.
– The existing Human Rights and Equality Institution of Turkey (TİHEK) should be abolished, and a preliminary preparation should be created in accordance with the OPCAT and Paris Principles.
– You must be able to implement the Law Enforcement Oversight Commission.
– Documentation and reporting of torture should not be accepted as ‘Istanbul’, which is a UN Protocol document.
– Allegations of torture should be promptly, effectively and effectively investigated, adequately investigated independently, prosecuted, and ethical behavior should be shown at the international level and in accordance with the law.
The signatories to the statement are as follows:
Izmir Bar Association
Izmir Medical Chamber
Health and Social Service Workers Union İzmir Branch
Human Rights Agenda Association
Human Rights Association Izmir Branch
Association of Lawyers for Freedom İzmir Branch
Contemporary Lawyers Association Izmir Branch
Rights Initiative Association
People’s Bridge Association
Turkish Human Rights Foundation İzmir Representative Office