Police checks in Austria at the weekend: police monitor motorcyclists in Tyrol, Vorarlberg, Salzburg and Carinthia – news from Austria
The police discovered numerous traffic offenders on Saturday during controls in several federal states. Where it is particularly exaggerated for motorcyclists in Austria.
05/24/2022 | Status: 2:08 p.m
From the Allgäu quickly after Vorarlberg driven: Anyone who drove too fast last Saturday is in the sights of the Austrian police devices. This checked the streets for traffic offenders more intensively at the weekend. The background: The police are already reporting a number of serious motorcycle accidents for 2022 – two of them are fatal.
Police checked motorcyclists in Austria and caught hundreds of traffic offenders
The police in Tyrol, Vorarlberg, Salzburg and Carinthia checked to draw attention to the safety of motorcycle traffic. The officers found numerous crimes. These are their results
- Results Tyrol:
- 195 speeding offences
- 100 other offenses (e.g. technical changes that lead to excessive noise levels)
- Total: 295 motorcyclists caught
- Results feeder lines Salzburg, Carinthia and Vorarlberg:
- 152 speeding offences
- 43 other delicacies
- Total: 195 motorcyclists caught
Motorcycle controls in Tyrol, Vorarlberg, Salzburg and Carinthia: where bikers were particularly overly strict
A repeat offender, a reckless driver and a speeder: the police in Austria dealt with these special cases at the weekend:
- A motorcyclist in the Imst district was clearly too fast on the B171. There the officials measured a speed of 142 km/h on the Tiroler Straße in the Haiming municipality at a speed of 80 km/h. The owner now expects a report.
- A biker was also reckless on the B171 in Imst in a roundabout. There he touched a cyclist, causing him to fall. He was taken to the hospital with abrasions and bruises.
- In the local area of Vorarlberg, the police flashed three motorcyclists at over 100 km/h. All were displayed. Curious: A biker was flashed twice in the region. He drives at 125 km/h and 150 km/h in the local area – at the permitted 50 km/h.
- In the Reutte district, officials stopped four bikers because of the loudness of their vehicles. Due to the headline of the decibel regulation, they now each receive a display.
Police appeal: officials bit motorcyclists to be careful
The police once again warn against excessive or inappropriate speeds, risky overtaking manoeuvres, corner cutting and overconfidence. “These factors are always the cause of the most serious motorcycle and moped accidents,” inform the officials.
Especially when touring with single-track vehicles – but also in general on the road – what matters most is an adapted driving style, a high sense of responsibility and a special degree of consideration. “Especially when individual motorcyclists or groups are traveling in towns and residential areas.”
You can read more news from Austria here.
Allgäuer Zeitung survey: Take part now and win an iPad
Have you always wanted to tell us what you think of allgaeuer-zeitung.de? Take part in our reader survey and, with a bit of luck, win an iPad and many other great prizes! Here you can go directly to the survey.