Ukraine is defended by 700,000 servicemen in the war against Russia
US President Joe Biden has signed a law allocating more than $ 40 billion in aid to Ukraine. Ukraine, together with international partners, has established two alternative land routes for food supplies to other countries. We will win!
We have gathered for you information about the eighty-sixth day of the war in the rubrics. Some facts have been commented on by UKRINFORM.
TOR 5 QUOTE
- Volodymyr Zelensky, President of Ukraine: “We have broken the back of the largest or one of the strongest armies in the world. We already did, for sure. And psychologically we did it. They will not get back on their feet in the next few years… ».
- Dmytro Kuleba, Foreign Minister of Ukraine: “Ukraine and only Ukraine will determine when and how the war will end. We are exercising our right to self-defense in accordance with Article 51 of the UN Charter after a brutal armed attack. “
- Matti Maasikas, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the EU to Ukraine: “Ukrainians today are not only defending their own sovereignty and territorial integrity, but they are also defending the peace and security of Europe… And we will be with Ukraine until we win this war.”
- Denis Shmygal, Prime Minister of Ukraine: “After the victory, a new stage will come for our country – the restoration and creation of an even better Ukraine. With new technologies, modern standards and European parameters. I am absolutely convinced that Ukraine will be just a part of Europe, and Europe will be in every corner of Ukraine. “
- Anders Fogh Rasmussen, NATO Secretary General: “Of course, the energy embargo will come at a price. But, thanks to the price of a protracted war, that price would be small. “
General Staff operational information at 18:00 on May 21
- In the Donetsk direction, the enemy is trying to break through the defenses of our troops and reach the administrative borders of Luhansk. He inflicted fire potential on the entire spectrum of armaments, including aircraft, at positions of units of the Defense Forces and civilian objects along the line of contact.
- The enemy continues to prepare for the offensive in the Slavic and Lyman directions.
- With the support of aircraft and artillery, the enemy stormed the settlements of Lypove, Vasylivka, Maryinka and Novomykhailivka in the Donetsk region, but was unsuccessful.
The Ukrainian military smashed a column of Russian armored vehicles: 3 tanks and 6 armored vehicles were destroyed. The Ukrainian Armed Forces destroyed Russian spies in the Border Armored Vehicle. The paratroopers destroyed 2 enemy drones.
Ukraine is defended by 700,000 servicemen during the war – Volodymyr Zelensky, President of Ukraine.
Russia loses drones, which will negatively affect its operational effectiveness in the war – British intelligence
THE TRUTH ABOUT THE WAR
Russian troops killed 232 children and wounded 430.
Examination showed that the rocket on the Kramatorsk station was launched from the occupied Donetsk region – SBU
Large volumes of water flooding Nova Kakhovka are dumped during the occupation of the Kakhovka HPP by the occupiers. The reason: two hydraulic units that cannot be repaired due to the occupation do not work.
Consequences of missile strikes:
- in the Rivne region hit on object of military infrastructure, 6 people suffered.
- in Mykolayiv region the base of a construction company and a gas station were destroyed.
To save the defenders of Azov, the leaders of France, Turkey, Israel and Switzerland were recognized. The mediator was also represented by UN representatives – Volodymyr Zelensky, President of Ukraine.
The situation in the region at 8:00 on May 21:
- According to the property in the Donetsk region, 27 houses and 8 buildings of civil infrastructure were damaged, three people died and four were injured.
- In the Luhansk region, 50 houses were destroyed near enemy shelling. The enemy carried out air strikes on the Mountain and Popasna communities. There are dead and wounded.
- In the Kharkiv region, enemy shelling in Dergachi, Malaya Danylivka, Chuhuiv district, Zolochiv community. 20 people were injured, including one child.
- Fighting does not stop in the Kherson region. In the morning, explosions were heard almost all over the region. The invaders do not allow exit and entry from the Kherson region, only because of the temporarily occupied Crimea.
In front of the Verkhovna Rada building in Kyiv, the European Union flag was hoisted in honor of Europe Day.
The Prime Minister of Portugal Antonio Costa paid a visit to Kyiv.
On the third anniversary of the inauguration, the President of Ukraine and his wife gave the first joint interview to the Ukrainian media since the beginning of the war in Ukraine.
Ukraine is working with its international partners on a security guarantee agreement, but Russia will not be among Ukraine’s security guarantors – Volodymyr Zelensky
President Zelensky appointed Oleksiy Kuleba as the head of KODA instead of Oleksandr Pavliuk.
Former prisoner of war, participant in hostilities Vladimir Fomitsky won a lawsuit against the Russian Federation.
«UKRINFORM“: The court decided to collect from Russia and the joint-stock company” International Reserve Bank “(formerly” Sberbank “) at the company of Vladimir Fomitsky one million hryvnias in compensation for non-pecuniary damage. The trial lasted two years, but it gives hope that every Ukrainian who has suffered from Russian aggression has a normal chance of winning the case.
Residents of Bucha exempted from payment for utilities from February 24 to April 15 – City Council
The Russian military stole 300 tons of grain in the Zaporozhye region – OV
The official exchange rate of the hryvnia to the US dollar remains fixed at UAH 29.25 / USD. But the NBU currencies are somehow limited in the rate of establishment, for banks sell cash.
«UKRINFORM»: Today the dollar exchange rate in banks is UAH 32 / UAH 32.18 (purchase / sale), but in exchange offices it is already UAH 36 purchase and less than 37 sales. And although the NBU accepts that interbank competition will operate in conditions of rising exchange rates, in practice it is likely that we will see the dollar at 40 UAH.
The share of grain in the transshipment of the ports of Reni and Izmail has increased from 12% to 81% since the beginning of the year.
The National Bank’s currency sales this week are $ 650.4 million, which is almost 80% more than in the second week of the month.
Ukraine cannot export 22 million tons of grain due to ports blocked by Russia.
The NBU transferred almost UAH 16.7 billion from the special account to the needs of the army
Ukraine, together with international partners, has established two alternative land routes for food supplies to other countries.
More than $ 36.7 million went to the NBU accounts in two weeks United24
WORLD: AID, SANCTIONS
US President Joe Biden has signed a law allocating more than $ 40 billion to Ukraine.
«UKRINFORM»: $ 6 billion arms security, intelligence support, training and other assistance to the Armed Forces will be provided; $ 11 billion will use weapons, military and protective equipment and equipment that US President Joe Biden may be able to use Ukraine at an accelerated pace – without further agreement with Congress.8.7 billion dollars will be spent to replenish stockpiles of weapons transferred to Ukraine; at 3.9 billion the funds will be used to finance European Command operations, including intelligence support;
13.8 billion dollars has been approved for the US State Department, the bulk of these funds will go to the Economic Support Fund. $ 4.4 billion aimed at supplying food to Ukraine and other countries.
The EU proposes to exclude Russia and Belarus from the World Customs Organization
Pilot rail transport of goods by Ukraine and Lithuania bypassing Belarus has paid off – Egidius Lazauskas, head of the Lithuanian Railways.
«UKRINFORM»: Currently it is planned to deliver 1.5 thousand tons of cargo by train to Lithuania once a week and this helps Ukraine in food exports.
Portugal is ready to lead the reconstruction of educational institutions in Ukraine. Portugal will also provide up to 250 million euros in financial support to Ukraine – Antonio Costa, Prime Minister of Portugal
Lithuania will stop buying Russian electricity on May 22 and become completely energy independent of Russia: it will not import electricity, oil or gas.
«UKRINFORM“: The example of Lithuania proves the same thing about Hungary, which really gave up Europe’s energy, just need to have political will, not to feed the way.
Serbia has achieved EU sanctions against Belarusians over the war in Ukraine
«UKRINFORM“: Serbia has long been a supporter of” friendship “with Putin’s Russia. And the country still has not joined the sanctions against Russia. However, under pressure from the West, she took the first step by joining sanctions against Lukashenko’s Belarus. Well, at least something ….
Russian authorities contain a list of 963 US citizens banned from entering Russia. The list includes US President Joe Biden, his son Hunter, Secretary of State Anthony Blinken and others involved in US politics and business.
«UKRINFORM“: It’s no longer interesting to even joke about how high-ranking Americans have started paying with their president.
The head of Roscosmos, Dmytro Rogozin, could say that the Russians “set up production” at Ukrainian enterprises in the occupied territories.
«UKRINFORM»: This is an enterprise in Kyiv, Kharkiv and Dnipropetrovsk regions, which are controlled by the Ukrainian authorities and will never belong to Russia. First, set up production on your own so that the satellites launched into orbit do not burn out within a few hours of launch. can not…
The Russian government has ordered not to provide for the payment of dividends to Sberbank in 2021 for simple and privileged actions.
«UKRINFORM“: According to the dividend policy until 202, Sberbank plans to direct at least 50% of its net profit to dividends, but due to sanctions it will not be able to do so now. Earlier, the same order from the government of VTB State Bank. “You are on the right path, comrades!”
Maryna Dmytriv, Kyiv