By Quentin Marais
The firefighters went to the city center of Toulouse, Wednesday, April 20, 2022after the discovery of suspicious smoke emerging from an apartment.
A low voltage transformer out of order
At 2.20 p.m., the drug addicts’ rescue team took the road to rue d’Alsace-Lorraine, located in the heart of Toulouse. ” We left for an apartment fire”, explain, first of all, the firefighters, to Toulouse News.
Once there, he realizes that “it was a low voltage transformer which was out of service and smoking. The accumulation of rainwater caused smoke to develop”. This transformer was located “at basement of a four-storey building.
While there were no injuries to report, significant resources were deployed: “18 sappers fire brigade, two vans, a ladder and an ambulance”. For its part, Enedis proceeded to secure the installation, but this resulted in the power cut several businesses and homes on the street.
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow Actu Toulouse in the My Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.